Wedding Etiquette Forum

RSVP Address

We're finalizing our stationary, and I don't know how to treat this situation. My parents are hosting the wedding (with traditional Mr. and Mrs. Dad MyLastName wording on the invitation. However, my mom is not dealing with the guest list or some of those traditional hosting roles. She'd rather I get the RSVPs back since I will be managing the spreadsheets, seating charts, etc. Is it against etiquette to issue the invitations from my parents, and well as from their address, but address the pre-stamped RSVP cards to me? My planner said I can do it, but have to leave my name off of them. That seems silly to me (and, selfishly, and materialistically, the font for the name is swirly pretty script, but the address is just block letters. I want the pretty stuff. Lame, I know.)

What's proper here? Is it acceptable to have the RSVPs sent to my address?

Re: RSVP Address

• Eh, I don't think it's a big deal if you put your name on the RSVP card. It's not harming anyone.
    Anniversary
  • It is perfectly fine for you to handle the RSVPs.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Have the replies sent to whomever will be dealing with them. Even in 'fifties when etiquette was an everyday skill for nearly every lady and people could be expected to know how to hand-write their own replies and buy their own stamps, it was normal for a hostess to write "R.s.v.p. to Miss Social Secretary at 1234 Main Street" in the lower right corner of the invitation -- where the social secretary might be hired, or might just be a kinswoman who was good at organizing, as you are.
  • It is perfectly fine to have the RSVPs sent back to you if you are the one that is going to be handling the guest list and seating chart.

• Perfectly fine! And enjoy that font. I'm a font whore myself, so I support you!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Thanks ladies! That's great news!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards