Flowers

Brooch bouquet- DIY or buy or ditch completely?

I'm eloping and I would like to have some sort of non-floral bouquet. I love the look of brooch bouquets, but I do not have a lot of time to put something together- less than a month. How long does it take to put a brooch bouquet together (and how many brooches do you need)? Would it be easier to buy one? Where would I find one (don't say internet, I don't trust it would ship in time and not get lost)?

Or is a brooch bouquet just too much effort and is there some fabulous, easy non-floral bouquet that I simply must know about?
Anniversary

Re: Brooch bouquet- DIY or buy or ditch completely?

• You should really ask this on the DIY Board
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Making it is not the time consuming factor, it's collecting all the broaches you'll need.  How about a butterly bouquet?
  • For a small bouquet you will need at least 20, and for a larger bouquet you will need 30 to 50 brooches. Collecting the brooches will take time, and wiring them. One way you could make it a bit less time consuming would be to mix it with silk or fabric flowers so you dont have to collect so many brooches. Hope that helps!
  • I am making brooch bouquets for my 6 bridesmaids and I estimate it takes me about 2-3 afternoons each (about 4 hours per "afternoon")...but I'm SUPER picky and I started making these a year before my wedding, so I'm not really rushed.  You could possibly do it more quickly ;)
    I bought tons of 'cheap' pearl bracelets, pearl beads, brooches, large earrings, pendants, mostly from Ardene's (I live in Canada so I don't know if you have this store - but you can buy inexpensive bracelets and take them apart to get the beads from it, get big earrings instead of actual brooches - get creative) and I glue-gunned everything to a styrofoam ball, which I first poked about 8 bamboo chop sticks into to make a kind of handle.  I'll wrap a thick ribbon around the handle to pretty it up afterwards.  
    I also bought some crystal stickers meant for scrapbooking and incorporated these, for even more sparkle.  So far, it looks amazing.  It's definetly something that people will notice and it's different, so I think it's definetly worth the work :)
    Also, it can be put into a vase after the wedding and used as a house decoration and keepsake!
  • If you want to buy, you should check out Etsy.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards