• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Favors

Sunglasses Party Favor

So we are thinking a fun and different party favor would be some wayfarer style shades that are one of the colors of the wedding (like a teal color). We wanted to put a saying on the side of the "arms" but are kinda struggling with a clever line. So far all we've really got is "Blinded by our love," which both of us think is a little too mushy. Our personalities fit something that's sweet, but more funny/witty. Go figure, we are stuck! So ladies/gentlemen, we need your creative genius... What are some funny but sweet sayings that involve shades, sunglasses, light, etc? Go!
klearlyannmarie

Re: Sunglasses Party Favor

  • JoanE2012JoanE2012 Exit 21 (Jersey!) member
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 5 Answers
    So we are thinking a fun and different party favor would be some wayfarer style shades that are one of the colors of the wedding (like a teal color). We wanted to put a saying on the side of the "arms" but are kinda struggling with a clever line. So far all we've really got is "Blinded by our love," which both of us think is a little too mushy. Our personalities fit something that's sweet, but more funny/witty. Go figure, we are stuck! So ladies/gentlemen, we need your creative genius... What are some funny but sweet sayings that involve shades, sunglasses, light, etc? Go!
    I would skip this favor idea.  Sunglass style is very personal....I need to try them on to find what looks best on me.  And I certainly wouldn't wear a pair that cost just a few bucks.  Nor would I wear anything other than a neutral color.

    Skip favors (they aren't mandatory!).  Or, if you really feel inclined, edible favors usually are a hit.
    chibiyuiCheleLynpinkshorts27vmj23
  • Maybe rent a photo booth and fun props (like sunglasses!) and have those photos be the favors?




  • Honestly I would not keep those , and you will probably have a lot of them left over/left behind.  But since that wasn't your original question...

    I'll be going now, I got nothing

    vmj23Blue_Bird
  • So I think you guys are missing the point.  We are simply asking for clever catch phrases that could go on/with the sunglasses. We are past the point of "is this a good idea or not?"

    These are meant to be just for the reception - we're not expecting everyone to think they've just scored a new pair of Ray Bans or something.  Knowing our families and friends, I'd say less than 10% of the people attending will look at (cheap) shades by the guest book and say "Ugh! I'm not wearing these... not my style..." Meanwhile the other 90%+ would say "sweet! shades for the night!" take a pair, and proceed to dance, take pictures, and have a good time :)

    Bottom line is we like the sunglasses idea because it's a little "different," it's fun because it's something that we know can and will be used that night knowing us and our friends/families (unlike 90% of the other favors we've gotten in the past that usually get left on the table or forgotten about).

    So back to our question though, what are some clever, cute quotes/quips that play on the whole sunglasses thing?

    My fiance came up with a phrase last night that I don't like but he loves. "Look good. Feel good. Get married."... sorta along the lines of "Eat. Drink. Be Married" on koozies and napkins.  I'm not sold but he thinks it's genius.  He says it's based on a popular sports-related line "Look good, Feel good. Feel good, Play good." I kinda get where he's going, but I would prefer something else... any thoughts?
    klearlyannmarie
  • JoanE2012JoanE2012 Exit 21 (Jersey!) member
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 5 Answers
    So I think you guys are missing the point.  We are simply asking for clever catch phrases that could go on/with the sunglasses. We are past the point of "is this a good idea or not?"

    These are meant to be just for the reception - we're not expecting everyone to think they've just scored a new pair of Ray Bans or something.  Knowing our families and friends, I'd say less than 10% of the people attending will look at (cheap) shades by the guest book and say "Ugh! I'm not wearing these... not my style..." Meanwhile the other 90%+ would say "sweet! shades for the night!" take a pair, and proceed to dance, take pictures, and have a good time :)

    Bottom line is we like the sunglasses idea because it's a little "different," it's fun because it's something that we know can and will be used that night knowing us and our friends/families (unlike 90% of the other favors we've gotten in the past that usually get left on the table or forgotten about).

    So back to our question though, what are some clever, cute quotes/quips that play on the whole sunglasses thing?

    My fiance came up with a phrase last night that I don't like but he loves. "Look good. Feel good. Get married."... sorta along the lines of "Eat. Drink. Be Married" on koozies and napkins.  I'm not sold but he thinks it's genius.  He says it's based on a popular sports-related line "Look good, Feel good. Feel good, Play good." I kinda get where he's going, but I would prefer something else... any thoughts?
    I didn't know people wore sunglasses indoors during a wedding reception.  The lighting is already usually dim.....it's going to be really hard to see with the sunglasses on.  I would never wear them.    I'm not Corey Hart.

    Furthermore, not everything needs a cutesy phrase.  It often just looks cheesy.  If you insist on sunglasses, just put them in a basket somewhere with a "please take one" sign.  
    AddieCakeBlue_Birdchibiyui
  • So cliche would be "Our future's so bright.... "  And I like PP idea about put the in a basket... maybe put the sign on the basket with the phrase instead of on the arms.  It sounds like fun... my family would also get a kick out of it for the evening.  My guess is lots left over too, but I am doing wine glasses and cupcakes... I hear I'll have lots of wine glasses left over.  I don't care.  I want them for that night.. and I have a few relatives I KNOW will take a bunch of the leftovers, I am assuming you feel the same way about the shades. :)  Worst case you could donate them to a school for the kids to play with but if you are going to have fun with them that night and it's in your budget good for you.

    Some other suggestions:
    "Too cool for...." (insert whatever there)
    For the sign... "For our celebrity guests (that's you)"

    Do you have any kind of them going on?  You could tie it back to the theme.  


    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ViczaesarViczaesar Central Coast, CA member
    Ninth Anniversary 5000 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    Why on earth do you think 90% of your guests are going to want to wear cheap sunglasses at night at your reception?  My mind boggles.



    JoanE2012AddieCake
  • I think the sunglasses is great idea! Favors are for what you take away from the wedding, not to use at the wedding. I almost went with the sunglasses idea but I changed my mind. You don't need a clever saying; maybe just your names and the date?
  • AddieCakeAddieCake Beyond the Wall member
    10000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 25 Answers
    I think you will have a lot of these left behind or thrown in the trash as soon as people are out of there if they are like me and take things just to be polite in front of the couple.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
    image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards