Attire & Accessories Forum

Bridal Shoes

Hello, I am looking for blingy, comfy, bridal shoes. Hoping I could wear them the entire day but I have a feeling from everything that Im reading you have to change into slippers?

Any suggestion on shoe stores, websites, etc would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

Re: Bridal Shoes

• I didn't change into slippers. Try Zappos.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I didn't change into slippers.  I wore heels for my ceremony and some pictures and then switched to foamy type wedged flip flops that I got from VS for the rest of the pictures and reception.

• comfy will be up to you! Some people think a 4" heel can be comfortable, so only you can determine what your comfortable is.  I use to wear heels everyday and it was rare when they would hurt my feet. Now that I do not wear heels every day a lot of heels that I could wear all day, kill my feet so go figure :)   For the wedding, I wore heels from Nina. Other people have said thought that their Nina shoes were not comfortable, so every foot will be different.  I personally loved them.  I broke mine in a month or so before by wearing them around the house with a pair of socks for a few minutes here and there.  Day of wedding I put them on around 4, and they did not bother me at all.  I eventually changed into flip flops (around 9/10ish) because I was given cute personalized ones with rhinestones that I loved, so I changed to those for the last hour when we were dancing.

zappos, piperlime, dsw, macys (or other department stores) will have a lot of variety.  I would try them in person, or at least give yourself enough time so if you order and they hurt your feet you will have time to go to exchange. I also got heel pads that I put in the back of all my heels so they do not rub against the back of my ankles which really helps the comfort level (you can find them at stores like target). 

You do not have to change into slippers or flip flops, I think just most people find it "more comfortable" to do so.  I could have kept my heels on.

Anniversary
  • I ended up getting my shoes from Milk & Honey (http://www.milkandhoneyshoes.com/).  Due to my height and the length of the dress I needed shoes that were no higher than an inch and a 1/2 and all the ones that I saw in stores and online did not appeal to me. With milk and honey, you basically design your own shoes (fabric, height, embellishments, style) so you can really tailor it to your needs/preferences.  But be prepared to pay more than you normally would for the shoes (I think mine were around $250).  The shoes that I got (attached) were beautiful, went perfectly with my dress and were comfortable!
  • I didn't change into another pair of shoes. Granted, my reception was not super long and there was no dancing, but my feet were still completely comfortable after hours of being in them.

I recommend an ankle strap and a somewhat low heel (mine were about 2.5-3").
  • Thanks a lot @klertch...sigh (goes off to envision perfect shoe)
  • Nina makes a lot of nice shoes. Affordable and the few pairs that I own have been comfortable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards