Destination Weddings Discussions

Need suggestions for family friendly resorts in Cancun/ Riviera Maya :)

HELP! We plan to get married in September this year and are trying to find a resort in Cancun/ Riviera Maya for the wedding. I found a beautiful secrets resort and thought we were all set, but they don't allow anyone under 18. My brother in law is 12, so he wouldn't be allowed in... :( Does anyone have any suggestions on resorts that do allow kids, and are still suitable for a wedding? It'll be a rather small wedding (20 something people at the most). 

Thanks in advance!! :)

Re: Need suggestions for family friendly resorts in Cancun/ Riviera Maya :)

• What kind of ceremony location do you want?  Open beach, covered area by the beach (gazebo), rooftop, etc?
  • We're getting married at the Moon Palace in Cancun. They have a TON of stuff that is family friendly and if you choose to, you and your fiancé can stay a night or two at the adults only resort. Also, they have a great complimentary wedding package for up to 30 guests. We couldn't be happier about the location and everything we are getting at the Moon Palace. 
  • I'm also looking for the same thing, but for more people! 

I'm looking at Barcelo Maya Palace, Iberostar Paraiso, RIU resorts, Ocean Coral Turquesa, and Dreams resorts. 

Those are all family friendly and have generally good Trip Advisor reviews.
  • Thank you guys for your responses! I think we'd like a beach wedding and then a reception either at the pool or also by the beach later on. There are just too many choices.. But I like the Barcelo Maya Palace. Anyone had a wedding here?
  • We are getting married at the Now Jade Riviera Cancun...sister hotel of Dreams and Secrets resorts.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Check out bestdestinationwedding.com - there are tons of reviews, pictures, and advice in the forums there that are more geared towards DWs! It's all organized by location.

People even post the packages and prices for everything, which is really nice when you are trying to stick to a budget.
  • I have been to the Moon Palace multiple times and we are getting married there in October and it is beautiful and very family friendly! :)
  • We're going with the NOW Sapphire in cancun :)
  • Dreams is a family friendly sister resort to Secrets. We're getting married at a Dreams then heading to a Secrets a few days later for our honeymoon. 
  • We're doing Paradisus Playa del Carmen. It's family-friendly and gets amazing reviews.
  • We got married at Gran Porto Real in Playa del Carmen in May 2013.  A lot of our family and friends brought their kids and had a great time. Our coordinator Zulma was awesome too and made the experience really easy. 
    Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards