Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Where to find the perfect undergarments??

Hello I need suggestions on where I can find a low cut strapless bra to wear underneath my wedding dress. It needs to give me support as I have a bigger chest. My dress is halter, with low cuts in the front and back. I need to have support and comfort throughout the entire night. I dont want to be pulling on my dress/bra all night. I have tried David's Bridal, what they have doesn't fit me and some local department stores. If anyone can suggest a local store with a big selection or a specific bra that would be great! Also I am not having cups sewn in, I want the support of a bra. Thanks so much ladies!

Re: Where to find the perfect undergarments??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Fredericks of Hollywood and Victoria's Secret have specialty brans on their websites.  FOH is expecially good at having a variety of sizes available.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There is a shop in Penn Hills called Lady Godiva. They have a variety of strapless bras and TONS of sizes. I am also larger chested and will have to go there to get a bra for my wedding dress. I go here for strapless/long line bras. Oddly,  they also sell some clothing as well as "sex shop" kind of stuff, but any awkwardness is worth it to get a well fitting bra.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    festa677festa677 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies very much! I will check out all three mentioned above!!
  • Options
    pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I HATE Victoria's Secret, especially for larger sizes. I found that I don't get the support from their bras that I do from others. That said, I really like Lady Godiva. Also try Soma in Ross Park Mall. I just bought a strapless bra there and it's so well made. The cups hold their shape and it's really supportive.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    festa677festa677 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FYI ladies I went to Lady Godiva and had the worst experience of my life. They sales lady was rude to me from the moment I walked into the door. I asked to get measured and she said that she would not measure me because measuring doesn't work and she insisted that I try the bras on. So she had me try two bras on...I had no idea what size they were as she didn't tell me, she only asked me what size I was currently wearing. When we found one that fit she said "now put your dress on" I said I can tell you right now this bra will not work with my dress....it was too high cut. She said oh well then I am sorry that is all we sell. The store is pretty big how can that be all they sell??? She then told my mother that in order to get the support I needed, I should buy a bathing suit top and have it sewn into my wedding dress. I was horrified that she even suggested that. A bathing suit top will not give me the support I am looking for on my wedding day. What a disaster.....I would not recommend Lady Godiva to anyone and I personally will never go there again....EVER. This sales lady turned me away. Any other thoughts on where to go would be great! Thanks ladies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards