Chit Chat

Music always makes me happier. What are your go-to songs?

loro929loro929 member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
edited March 2014 in Chit Chat
In another post I was venting about how a co-worker was less than pleasant this morning and how it was kind of a bummer way to start the week.
But, I tried to let it go (everyone has their own issues going on, don't sweat the small stuff) and I put on my headphones and started silently jamming out to some tunes and I instantly felt better. Behold the power of music!

I mentioned in the post that I was listening to Eagle Eye Cherry "Save Tonight" (one of my faves!). 
Some of the other songs on my playlist are Robyn "Dancing on my own", Icona Pop "I love it", Destiny's Child "I'm a Survivor", Patti Smith "Because the night" and New Found Glory "My Friend's over you" (nice eclectic mix from the 90's and beyond :P). 

So it got me to thinking, what are all of your go-to songs when you are feeling a little blue and want a pick-me-up? Is music (of any kind) as mentally soothing to you, as it is to me?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Music always makes me happier. What are your go-to songs?

• One of my good friends/co-workers regularly IMs me music playlists when he knows I'm having a shitty day because it always boosts my mood.

Save Tonight is a great one! Avicii - Wake Me Up is getting a little overplayed, but I still love it. Also, any Blink-182 throwback is fun, and the little country girl in me loves anything Kip Moore (particularly Beer Money). Finally, addicted to Imagine Dragons (anything and everything by them).

• loro929loro929 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2014
    One of my good friends/co-workers regularly IMs me music playlists when he knows I'm having a shitty day because it always boosts my mood.

Save Tonight is a great one! Avicii - Wake Me Up is getting a little overplayed, but I still love it. Also, any Blink-182 throwback is fun, and the little country girl in me loves anything Kip Moore (particularly Beer Money). Finally, addicted to Imagine Dragons (anything and everything by them).
    How could I have not thought of Blink-182!! *adding to my SoundCloud as soon as I post reply*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love music, too.  I get really pumped up on girl power songs: pretty much anything by Kesha, Britney (Womanizer, Toxic), Lady Gaga (Just Dance, Applause, Marry the Night).  I love Flo Rida (Club Can't Handle Me), B.o.B. (especially Magic), Mute Math, and of course Blink 182 (First Date is "our song").
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Fall Out Boy is my go-to band. I could listen to them non stop and still rock out. Music has always been such a huge part of my life and I credit it with keeping my thoughts away from self harm and suicide during high school.
    Formerly known as bubbles053009

• Christina Aguilera is my biggest girl crush in the world so any of her music. But more specifically, not the trashy songs that get released on radio, the other tracks that you'd only know if you had her albums like "keep on singing my song" & "Makes me wanna get down and pray" Those get me every time!

• I sing/ scream to my steering wheel whenever I hear Life is a Highway. Love  that song. Also, "bullet proof" always puts me in a good mood.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ah, I absolutely cannot forget to mention that whenever I need a good rock-out session, another go-to is Alanis Morissette. Basically, the entire Jagged Little Pill album will forever be one of the greats to me :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I want to smile in 3 minutes? "Ghostbusters" by Ray Parker Jr.
  • Save Tonight is an awesome song!

Whenever I need just a happy smile I always listen to Jack Johnson. I love just kinda happy swaying and dancing around my house whenever his songs are on.
    Anniversary
  • I will always have a soft spot for Save Tonight

If I want to feel better, Fall Out Boys Alone Together is my go to right now, I also really like the new Shakira song and nearly anything Pitbull.

Anniversary
  • I love music. When I need a pick me up I listen to Pink (especially Raise Your Glass), "Blister in the Sun) by Violent Femmes, almost anything by Greenday, show tunes, sometimes Maroon 5. Lately I've been really into Halestorm.
  • Death of a Martian by Red Hot Chilli Peppers.  I love singing it and have gotten to the point where I can recite the slam poem at the end from memory.  I also love listening to Beats antique.
  • chibiyui said:
    I will always have a soft spot for Save Tonight

If I want to feel better, Fall Out Boys Alone Together is my go to right now, I also really like the new Shakira song and nearly anything Pitbull.
    *sings* I don't know where you're going but I hope you have room for one more troubled soul...

Seriously one of their best songs to date.
    Formerly known as bubbles053009

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards