Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Ice cream cake?

I absolutely LOVE ice cream cake, and really want to have it as our wedding cake.  Does anyone have any experience with this?  We're having a very nontraditional wedding, so this should be the least shocking thing to any of our guests, lol.

Re: Ice cream cake?

• No advice for you but it is an interesting idea.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • As long as you can keep it frozen until it's time to eat, it should be fine.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • The only "problem" is that it wouldn't be out on display for as long since you would risk melting, but otherwise I would be excited!
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • I love ice cream cake... can I come? LOL.  I bought these little frozen trays for parties at my house that might help keep it cool for a little bit, but I think PP are right.. it will be hard to display. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Logistics is everything.  If you have a freezer at your venue you are golden there.  Now, you can't usually just cut those things as soon as they come out of the freezer.  Everytime I get one from ColdStone we have to let it sit out for awhile before we can cut it.  We get the small cakes.  For a larger one, it would have to sit out longer.  You want to know how long you need to have the cake out so you can serve it at the correct time.

I tried Cold Stone's website but they don't address this. I googled it and got everything from 15-45 minutes for an 8 inch cake.  Call the place where you want to order it from and ask them so you can plan accordingly.  I would love to see that at a wedding!

• And.....after having this conversation it has been decided that DD is having ice cream cakes at her shower!
  • Make sure you check that you don't have any lactose intolerant people at your wedding. I would be bummed to find out that ice cream cake would be the only dessert option since I can't eat ice cream.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards