Wedding Woes
Options

scheduling nightmare! family getting married at same time and the best man's conflicting schedule!

Our wedding day is slowly turning into a nightmare.  We found the venue that fits the budget, theme and style for the wedding.  The date is supposed to be perfect as well, that is until we learned that my FI's best man who might as well be his brother has a potential conflict with that day - his mother's 60th birthday party 1500 miles away.  Then we think "Okay lets just push it back a week"...find out that my cousin has her wedding the week after.  We would like to wait until next summer but I have one cousin and my brother getting married then too.  I guess no one can really tell me what to do to solve the issue.  The solution is to JUST pick a date and realize there will be conflicts.  Maybe I just need to vent, and the people I would normally vent to are going to be directly affected by this situation and I don't want to hurt their feelings.  I've been tearing up all day because I'm so frustrated.  I can't book anything, photographers, DJs, cake makers, the venue, caterers....etc until I can pick a date.  I have 4.5 months to plan this.  I'm a mom of two, work two jobs and I have such limited free time...and I can't do a thing.  My venue is only on hold for two more days.  ARRRG!  

Re: scheduling nightmare! family getting married at same time and the best man's conflicting schedule!

• Options
    No matter when you hold your wedding, someone you would like to be there will be unable to make it.  People get sick, have car trouble, have work and family obligations, etc.  I'm sorry you're stuggling with this.  It's ok to be disappointed and frustrated for a day or two, then you need to pick yourself up, face the realities of planning a wedding, and move on. 
  • Options
    Unfortunately my FI refuses to have the wedding on the date that works for everyone else because his best man can't be there.  I understand why but the situation is out of our control.  I'm doing my best to compromise but i'm struggling. Thanks for the advice.
  • Options
    Our wedding day is slowly turning into a nightmare.  We found the venue that fits the budget, theme and style for the wedding.  The date is supposed to be perfect as well, that is until we learned that my FI's best man who might as well be his brother has a potential conflict with that day - his mother's 60th birthday party 1500 miles away.  Then we think "Okay lets just push it back a week"...find out that my cousin has her wedding the week after.  We would like to wait until next summer but I have one cousin and my brother getting married then too.  I guess no one can really tell me what to do to solve the issue.  The solution is to JUST pick a date and realize there will be conflicts.  Maybe I just need to vent, and the people I would normally vent to are going to be directly affected by this situation and I don't want to hurt their feelings.  I've been tearing up all day because I'm so frustrated.  I can't book anything, photographers, DJs, cake makers, the venue, caterers....etc until I can pick a date.  I have 4.5 months to plan this.  I'm a mom of two, work two jobs and I have such limited free time...and I can't do a thing.  My venue is only on hold for two more days.  ARRRG!  

Unfortunately my FI refuses to have the wedding on the date that works for everyone else because his best man can't be there.  I understand why but the situation is out of our control.  I'm doing my best to compromise but i'm struggling. Thanks for the advice.
    THIS is a huge fucking problem. Your FI needs to do what's best for you and him and your family, NOT what's best for his best man. I get that this person is important to him, but you should be more important. 

What date did you pick? Can you pick another date -- move it up a week? When are you planning for? Can you do it on a Sunday rather than a Saturday? There are options.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    All is well in this department now.  We finally set the date on the day that WE REALLY wanted, August 30th, 2014.  Sigh of relief coming from this girl right here!  Thanks for listening to me ladies. Thanks for also justifying my moment of fear and disappointment.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards