March 2015 Weddings

Is it tacky?

Most of our guests are coming in from Europe and Australia so my FI and I have a nice head start on things. We are doing postcard STD (save the dates), and noticed some people put their wedding website on their STDs. All we have of a website is our registries through the knot. That being said, i'm hesitant to put the on our STDs - we dont want our guests to think we are asking for everything. What are your thoughts?

Re: Is it tacky?

• iI dont expect presents at my wedding. iI am just going to register for free stuff, lol. with that said iI personally wouldnt put it onthere just because iI dont like being told what to buy so iI dont like to tell others what to buy. iI dont know if that makes sense. 
  • If you want to include the wedding website, maybe expand the content a little to include more guest information, so as to avoid seeming gift grabby - even if you really aren't. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If the only website you have is a registry, I would say leave it off the STD. The wedding websites people I know have (I haven't got as far as making one yet) include info about them, their wedding, and the area, as well as links to their registry. I think if you made one of these websites it would be great since you have so many guests coming from out of the country. Even if they've visited the area before you could include info about new things to do or places where you know they haven't been.
  • ctr24ctr24 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    I'd agree. I'd add the website to the save the date, but fill out the website with what you do know. Things to do in the area, how to get to your wedding from the airport, if you have your bridal party together. I'd also write a note on the welcome page saying your adding info as it becomes available so people don't think it's just a link to your registry. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards