Michigan-Detroit
Options

Rustic Feel Near Rochester Hills/Chesaning?

Hey everyone,
I'm in need of a "venue" near the Rochester hills area (we want our ceremony at Stony Creek Metropark). We would REALLY like a barn that has a dance floor, but we can't find any near the area (within about 15 minutes driving). We are looking for something with a rustic feel... Exposed brick, beams, wood, wood floors,cabin feel, etc. it doesn't have to be a sole venue.. it could be an industrial building, a restaurant, a loft building that people rent out.. Otherwise, we are looking for a ceremony place similar to stony creek metropark (Woodsy, Pine trees lining the ceremony site), in the Chesaning area so we could do the reception at the Milestone barn. ANY help is appreciated :)
Im going crazy looking at all these adorable barns in MI that are so far :(.

Re: Rustic Feel Near Rochester Hills/Chesaning?

• Options
    The only one I know of in that area is Van Hoosen Farms. Its a pretty nice barn on the grounds of Rochester Museum. 
  • Options
    I got all excited when I saw Chesaning so I could tell you about Milestone barn.  I was so sad that it was too far for FI to consider.  Do they not hold ceremonies there?  Sorry I can't be of more help- good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I KNOW! It's such a cute place. They do hold weddings at Milestone barn, but it's not the woodsy effect you get from Stony Creek (http://arisingimages.com/blog/images/2012-06/esper_05.jpg) 

• Options
    Thank you! We've looked at them, but unfortunately they do not permit alcohol for the reception :(.
  • Options
    Have you looked into The Myth or Indianwood golf courses? Their banquet halls both have a rustic/barn-type look (knotty pine, exposed beams) but you still get the amenities of a "wedding" venue. (And Indianwood has a castle, too!)

• Options
    carliealissacarliealissa member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2014

This might not be helpful at all because unfortunately I didn’t find anything in the area you’re seeking, but here are some ideas I found aside from Milestone while researching just in case any interest you.

Hidden Vineyard Barn- our favorite, but on the west side (Berrien Springs)

Blue Dress Barn- also west side (St. Joseph)

MSU Tollgate Farms- (Novi) love this, but I don’t know if they do weddings anymore?

Cobblestone Farm- Ann Arbor

Misty Farms- Ann Arbor

Misty Valley- Ann Arbor

Hitching Post Barn- Ravenna

Irish Oaks- Metamora

Woldumar Nature Center- Lansing

Walden Woods- Hartland

Wildwood Family Farms- Caledonia

Irish Oaks- Metamora

Old Wooden Barn- Hudsonville

Post Family Farm- Hudsonville

Peacock Road Tree Farm- Laingsburg

Heart of the Vineyard- Baroda

Octogon Barn- Gagetown (thumb)

Snow Moon Ranch- way north (Maple City)

Port Oneida Schoolhouse- way north (Maple City)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yes! Actually, the Myth is our current preferred venue if we go to the Metropark (they also have a killer deal on their bare bones options). We were just trying to see if there were some others that were a little more hidden.. hard to explain, BUT THANK YOU! I'll check out the Indianwoods one you mentioned, too!!
  • Options
    Thank you, Carliealissa! Some of the ones you posted, I hadn't heard of before. I'll have to check some of them out :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards