Options

What is your favorite quote?

jdluvr06jdluvr06 member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
edited March 2014 in Chit Chat
Mine is: "Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all" by Helen Keller

Re: What is your favorite quote?

• Options
    One of my favorites: "I'd love to leave my door unlocked at night, but this ain't Cananda." Iron Man 2
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
    Funny Awkward animated GIF
  • Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2014
    I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody. - Bill Cosby
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Those are really good. I have this one tattooed on my back, it is part of a larger piece. "“Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.” By Lewis Carroll
  • Options
    pinkshorts27pinkshorts27 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2014
    "Life's tough, get a helmet" -Boy Meets World

Edited for accuracy. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    "A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous." - Coco Chanel

"Later that day I got to thinking about relationships. There are those that open you up to something new and exotic, those that are old and familiar, those that bring up lots of questions, those that bring you somewhere unexpected, those that bring you far from where you started, and those that bring you back. But the most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone to love the you you love, well, that’s just fabulous."- Carrie Bradshaw- SATC

"Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn’t fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it’s comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you’re very lucky, a plane ride away."- Carrie Bradshaw- SATC
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    loro929loro929 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2014
    Great thread topic! 

One of my favorite quotes was written by the ancient Roman poet and philosopher Lucretius: 

"We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another."

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    "Because I said so, and my desk is bigger than yours." 
    ~Addie (said regularly to my students)

"The butterfly counts not months but moments and has time enough." 
    ~Rabindranath Tagore

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Im not sure if this is actually a quote  but  "less is more" !  Oh and "pretty is as pretty does". 
  • Options
    We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit. -- Aristotle
  • Options
    "One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and, if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words."--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
  • Options
    Man's real life is happy, chiefly because he's ever expecting it soon will be so." Edgar Allan Poe.
  • Options
    "Mockingbirds don't do one thing but make music for us to enjoy. They don't eat up people's gardens, don't nest in corncribs, they don't do one thing but sing their hearts out for us. That's why it's a sin to kill a mockingbird." - Harper Lee. I actually have the bolded tattooed on my right forearm.

I want to work this into a tattoo as well:
    "I wish you to know that you have been the last dream of my soul." - Charles Dickens
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
  • Options
    "We've all been sorry, we've all been hurt; but how we survive is what makes us who we are" ~ Rise Against 

Tattoo'd on my back w/ some calla lilies
                                    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• Options
    AddieL73 said:
    "Because I said so, and my desk is bigger than yours." 
    ~Addie (said regularly to my students)

"The butterfly counts not months but moments and has time enough." 
    ~Rabindranath Tagore

One of my favorite quotes is also "teacher" driven........."The kids who need the most love will ask for it in the most unloving of ways."

• Options
    I love "this too shall pass" enough to have it tattooed on my inner forearm as my constant reminder to stay present.

And "Some people really suck. Avoid them" is another favorite ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    "You don't have to be blood to be family." 

I'm much closer to friends than biological relatives so they are my family. 

"Everyone's got a plan until they get hit" 

That's FI's favorite by Mohammed Ali because you can plan all you want but when something happens you might now react like you thought you would

• Options
    A clock without a craftsman. - Watchmen

I want to get this as a tattoo.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Don't parse the blurb
    -Wonderfalls

I say this all the time in my head.
  • Options
    "Believe in yourselves. Dream. Try. Do good."
    "Don't you mean 'do well'?"
    "No, I mean, ' do good'."--- Boy Meets World
    You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back. - Barbara DeAngelis
  • Options
    "Believe in yourselves. Dream. Try. Do good." "Don't you mean 'do well'?" "No, I mean, ' do good'."--- Boy Meets World
    loving the boy meets world quotes :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    "Even on my weakest days....I get a little bit stronger" --Sara Evans

"Just take what you need and be on your way, and stop crying your heart out" --Oasis
  • Options

"Believe in yourselves. Dream. Try. Do good."
    "Don't you mean 'do well'?"
    "No, I mean, ' do good'."--- Boy Meets World

loving the boy meets world quotes :)

Feeny had such good advice.

You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back. - Barbara DeAngelis
  • Options
    "There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it." - Edith Wharton
  • Options
    "It's a wonder I haven't abandon all of my ideals they seem so impractical and absurd yet I cling to them because I still believe in spite of everything that people are really good at heart." ~Anne Frank 

Anniversary

• Options
    Better to be quiet and be thought of as a fool, than open your mouth and prove it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards