Nevada-Las Vegas

Stevee Daniel Make Up and Freed's Bakery

Anyone has experience with either of these vendors? I've read mixed reviews on each of them.

Re: Stevee Daniel Make Up and Freed's Bakery

• I booked Stevee Danielle. I saw them at a bridal show and liked their work, but the big thing was they send enough people to have the entire group done in less than 3 hours. I'll have 10 girls needing hair/makeup so I didn't want to be starting at 7am. Fingers crossed they're worth it! Freeds I've never been super impressed with. I live here in Vegas and have gotten cakes from them on occasion and they were just "eh". We are getting our wedding cake through Drago Sisters Bakery. Yummy cake and super affordable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm also going with Drago sisters! They have been great to work with and the prices are unbeatable!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • I'm also going with Drago Sisters, i emailed all the bakeries and Drago Sisters was the only one that emailed me back within a timely matter, was nice and they went above and beyond for me!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Freed's is a Vegas classic. One of my friend's moms works there. I love Drago Sisters, but I'd totally recommend Retro Bakery as well http://www.retrobakerylv.com. They're also a family bakery, literally - a mom and dad running a bakery, and they've been around for about 7 years. Drago Sisters is newer, less than 4 years. Still very good.
  • I really was hoping to go with retro but when I emailed them the photo of the cake I wanted they said they had never done a cake like that and wouldn't feel comfortable lol
  • @cirena we are going with retro. Which flavors do you recommend?

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• I really wanted Retro but they didn't deliver on Sundays and were super expensive for my cake
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Freeds is kind of like the Cashman of cakes; they somehow have contracts with numerous venues so when you want to order a cake they make you use Freeds.  Fortunately on our wedding they only *recommended* we use Freeds but it wasn't mandatory; the nice thing about it through was the dollar amount we spent at Freeds counted towards our food and beverage minimum.  In any case, we used them and my only complaint that time around was they really don't do email, at all.  If you want to communicate with them, best to use fax or phone and not assume any email you send is ever received, even if you get an email from them on some off chance.

As far as the cakes themselves, they were great.  We had a red velvet, chocolate/chocolate, and grand marnier.  I loved all three.  We did not do any fondant; I hate that stuff.  They delivered the cake right on time and that was that.  We used them again a year later for our first anniversary and had little miniature versions of the three cakes made for our anniversary dinner and they came through fine there too.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• @missmo Everything. :)

My personal favorite is Pucker Up, vanilla cake with raspberries and a lemon frosting, but that's definitely unique.  For eye candy as well as tastiness, try either Hop Scotch (vanilla/vanilla covered in butterscotch) or Chocolate Fountain (chocolate, chocolate ganache, covered in chocolate). The Apple Cider is pretty phenomenal as well. Check for the seasonal flavor as well, she sometimes has amazeballs stuff, like Blueberry Pancake or Big Kahuna, that are really fun.

• I emailed Drago Sisters 2 weeks ago, and still haven't heard back from them. Can somebody give me the email that you were using to communicate with them so I can try again? Lol maybe I just have the wrong email, or maybe they never got the originial. Either way I would like to try again before I order from another bakery since they have such good reviews. Thank you so much! :]
  • Reedrago@earthlink.net is the one I always use, not sure if it's the same. If you have Facebook you can find them on there and message them. Hope that helps!
  • Ahhh why didn't I think of facebook?! Haha thank you, that helps! I will give it a shot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards