September 2014 Weddings

Registry

Finished our registry today!!!  :-)  Very exciting!!  Now I can't wait to get all the stuff to start using it!!  :-)  We registered only at Bed, Bath & Beyond.

Has anyone else started/finished their registries?  Where did you register?

Also, I got my headpiece & my mom got her dress yesterday!!!  Progress!  We meet with our DJ next weekend, hopefully, we've had 2 meetings rescheduled prior. Next on the to do list is the men's attire, FI needs to get around to asking his guys.  But we can pick the men's attire before he asks his guys.  Then we have to set up a meeting with the baker associated with our venue this Spring, I'm thinking April for that, maybe it will finally stop snowing in the Northeast by then. 

Re: Registry

• Congrats on getting your registry finished.
    My FI and I did ours through one of the wedding shows (so we could qualify to win an additional prize) but I ended up going back through it and cutting most of the list. I suspect we will mostly be getting monetary gifts but it is always nice to unwrap a surprise!

What did you (if you did) put as any 'big budget' items.
  • My fiancé and I registered at Macys and Belk (regional department store). Most of our stuff is at Macys but there isn't actually a Macys in my hometown. And since I'm southern and my family generally gives boxed gifts I wanted then to have a local option. Most of our items are $100 or less but we did register for these great Hotel Collection sheets (for our Cal King bed so they were a bit pricey) and a couple beautiful Nambe pieces- a serving tray and a cheeseboard. We did also register for a wine fridge; it is the no. 1 item my fiancé wants off the list.
  • edited February 2014
    We're just about done with ours too! We went with Target (casual dinnerware, basic sheets and towels, camping gear, vacuum), Macy's (fine china, wine glasses, nicer sheets and towels) and Williams Sonoma (nice knives and some specialty bakeware). Most of our items are in the $30-75 range, I think the biggest things are a canopy tent (goes over the picnic table) and vacuum cleaner. We did individual pieces for china and knives so it was an easier buy for individual people, and then we can slowly collect whatever we're missing. I know most people are leaning toward skipping fine china but I always loved setting the table with it as a kid, and I love cooking/hosting family meals so I think we'll get a lot of use out of it!

• I want to register ASAP but, my FI is insistent on waiting another month or two because he says that things might be discontinued and out of stock come time for my bridal shower and the wedding.

You are a thief of joy

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Couggal12 said:
    I want to register ASAP but, my FI is insistent on waiting another month or two because he says that things might be discontinued and out of stock come time for my bridal shower and the wedding.

You are a thief of joy

They likely will, but you just keep on top of it online and replace those things. :) Macy's had notes on some of the china patterns like "will be discontinued in June 2014" so I just avoided those - otherwise they tend to stick around for years and years so there isn't much danger there. I figure it's better to have it done so we have a few months to be sure they're the things we want and modify accordingly, rather than doing it in a rush in June and regretting some choices.

• We didn't need to register for fine china, I am fortunate enough to be inheriting family heirloom china. :-)  Our big ticket items are definitely our vacuum cleaner (a Dyson) and our pots/pan set.  We chose the Calphalon Unison for our pots/pans.  They are pricey, but they are quality & will last.  The set I am currently using are falling apart after just over 2 years... and they are a fairly decent brand.  I tried to include a variety of priced items so there was enough for people to choose from.  I got an invitation to a shower recently & there was not a variety or a lot on either registry.  It makes it difficult to figure out what to get.

Since finishing, I have already gone on and edited, adding/deleting items.  With things being online it makes it easy to stay on top of it in the coming months.  In my editing I noticed 2 more gifts have been purchased!!!  :-)  We already received one, as a housewarming gift a few months ago.
  • We registered with I Do Foundation, since we don't need/want anything. We've been living together for 5 years, so the last thing we want is more stuff haha.
  • Oh I didn't know that about Macy's @Lolo8383. Maybe I can convince him to go this weekend then!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @HH2Be my dad gave my siblings and I all Calphalon sets for Christmas and they're AWESOME. Best pans ever. Make sure you registered for bamboo utensils with them because you can't use metal! (I prefer bamboo over nylon any day.)

• I love my Calphalon pans. I actually bought a few when Macys had a big sale. We have the non-stick dishwasher safe kind, very sturdy. Tired of replacing pans every year. We are registered at myregistry.com.  We found that it gives us the opportunity to link multiple registries and add items that aren't typically viewed as a registry item (from any site). Not doing china, we aren't formal people. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards