Wedding Etiquette Forum

Invitation Question

My husband and I are going to be celebrating our convalidation on May 16th, long story short, we are both cradle Catholics that happen to be returning to the church after getting married, our marriage is not currently recognized by our faith, so we are fixing it. This is not a wedding do-over, we are inviting 30 of our nearest and dearest to celebrate the sacrament and having a nice dinner after. That being said, my husband and I are part of the church choir, which consists of about a dozen or so people. Of that dozen, three will be receiving formal invitations to the ceremony and dinner because they are the organist, cantor, and reader for our ceremony. The organist has suggested that I invite the remainder of the choir to sing because they are essentially my church family and have all expressed that they would like to do so. I think this is a lovely idea, I just want to host them correctly. It is in our budget to properly host them for dinner after, I just do not know everyone's last names/addresses. Would it be appropriate to give a group invitation?
The truth behind a well laced dress

Re: Invitation Question

• I think it would be more appopriate to ask for their individual addresses. It is much more personal that way rather than just a blanket invitaton.

• I would ask them individually for addresses. That way they know that you really want each one of them there for who they are, not just because they happen to be good at singing.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Inkdancer said:
    I would ask them individually for addresses. That way they know that you really want each one of them there for who they are, not just because they happen to be good at singing.

I agree with this! 
  • I agree -- ask them each individually for their names/address (and SOs' names, if you don't know that). That shows you want them for who they are -- your church family -- not what they are -- good singers.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Thank you ladies! I'll be bringing a notebook to practice on Wednesday :)
  • Also, welcome back to the Church! I'm always excited when people get convalidated and come back into the faith. 
    Anniversary

• Thank you! We have been registered with our current parish for about a year now, and have received such a warm welcome. My husband will be confirmed at the Easter Vigil and then our convalidation in May, it is such an exciting time right now. 
  • Congrats -- that's so exciting!!
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards