Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Looking for rooms with private pool or jacuzzi

Hi, I think my ideal honeymoon consists of a room with a private plunge pool or jacuzzi with either ocean views or in an over water bungalow. Can spend up to $7,000 on hotel and flights, not including food alcohol or excursions.  Any suggestions please let me know! Also, any opinions/reviews on the following hotels would be helpful: Iru fushi, Sheraton maldives, taj exotica, sangri la villinghi, anantara, huvafen fushi, and coco palm dhuni kholhi.  Thanks!

Re: Looking for rooms with private pool or jacuzzi

• Options
    Fi and I are considering Four Seasons in Bora Bora (over the water bungalows) or Bali (private infinity pools).
  • Options
    I've already looked at the four seasons and I think it's out of the budget...as of right now I think I'm leaning more towards Iru Fushi in the maldives.  Beach villas with private infinity pools and your own spot on the beach....over water bungalows with your own sun deck and jacuzzi.  Both in the budget and I could probably do a few days in one and a few in the other. Still looking for suggestions though, the wedding is june 2015 so I have plenty of time!
  • Options
    I think you are going to find it VERY difficult to head to the Maldives or French Polynesia for $7K. Unless you are in Europe already and the Maldives or Seychelles are a little more budget friendly.  The airfare to French Polynesia from LAX is at least $1200 per person plus another $500-$600 per person for interisland flights. I suspect June airfare for Tahiti will be even more (high season) and the room will run you at least $800/night. The resort caliber that you are looking at would be closer to $1000/night. Airfare to the Maldives is even more and will take a full day of travel, if not closer to two, from the US. So, I would not travel all of the way there just for 5 nights. I recommend looking at somewhere in the Caribbean. Check out St. Lucia, which happens to be the island that most closely resembles Tahiti or Moorea. Antigua also has some nicer beach resorts.

• Options
    Thanks for the info/advice...although I do think we could swing some resorts for 7,000 if the airfare is that much, including the water plane to the island, I think we would be limited to one or two options though, and I do not want to waste time being jet lagged from a long flight.  I've done pretty extensive research into the Caribbean and couldn't find anything up to my standards for the price, but I was trying to include food into the 7000 where as now I'm not, so I might find some resorts are in the budget that weren't before.  Any suggestions of resorts in the Caribbean, as well as central america (NO MEXICO), that have private plunge pools or jacuzzis?
  • Options
    bhodgetts said:
    Thanks for the info/advice...although I do think we could swing some resorts for 7,000 if the airfare is that much, including the water plane to the island, I think we would be limited to one or two options though, and I do not want to waste time being jet lagged from a long flight.  I've done pretty extensive research into the Caribbean and couldn't find anything up to my standards for the price, but I was trying to include food into the 7000 where as now I'm not, so I might find some resorts are in the budget that weren't before.  Any suggestions of resorts in the Caribbean, as well as central america (NO MEXICO), that have private plunge pools or jacuzzis?

I've been to French Polynesia six times, as well as having been to Fiji, Australia, Cook Islands, Mauritius, Seychelles, etc. So, when I quoted the prices, I based it on what I have paid. Maybe you can catch a deal, but June is definitely creeping into the high season where prices jump dramatically in the South Pacific, where as Caribbean prices start to come down.

Check out Jade Mountain, Ladera, Sugar Beach in St. Lucia. In Antigua, check out Jumby Bay, Hermitage Bay, Curtain Bluff, or Galley Bay.

• Options
    Jade mountain, jumby bay, hermitage bay, and curtain bluff are too expensive...galley bay doesn't have rooms with pools over looking the ocean, they are secluded in a garden, which is fine, but I'm looking for a room with a view.  I love ladera, I think it would be a little too expensive to stay there, but they have a deal where you can do half a week there, half a week at cap maison all inclusive for around 7000 with taxes, which I think is do-able cause instead of paying 7 for flight and hotel, id be paying 7 for everything but flight (AI includes excursions and spa treatments) so it's pretty much the same, I would think.  Any suggestions for other hotels on the same level as ladera or a little below? Doesn't have to be st. lucia, could be other caribbean or central america, just trying to avoid mexico.
  • Options
    Friends of mine (who are very luxurious travelers) have stayed at Sugar Ridge in Antigua twice. I know they had a private plunge pool with a view.
  • Options
    Sandals La Toc in St. Lucia has lots of rooms with private pools...some for only $500-600/night (depending on when you'd want to go) and that is all-inclusive with food and drinks.  I believe that the Sandals Grande in St. Lucia also has some rooms with private pools.
  • Options
    I would recommend working with a travel agent who can quote you packages that include land and air together so you can see the whole picture in front of you. Given that you are looking for something very specific, you may have to compromise the number of nights or the view to get the pool. I also recommend doing a search on this board as there was a similar post a few months ago (it could actually be longer than that) and she wanted the same thing but also had budget constraints. It sucks because $7k seems like a lot, but resorts that offer the privacy with the views you are looking for tend to not come cheaply. Plus, airfare is just nasty nowadays. It's hard to find flights to St. Lucia for under $700 per person.

• Options
    Wild Orchid couples resort in Jamaica has a suite with a Jacuzzi on the balcony - I don't know much else about the resort, but it's all inclusive and might be worth a look.

image   image   image

• Options
    Sugar ridge looks nice and is in the budget, so great suggestion!  My mom's good friend is a travel agent who I will be working with when the time comes to book, but I still have over a year (wedding is 6/6/15) so I'm just trying to narrow it down to top 2-3 and see where he can get us the best deal.  I'm trying to avoid chain hotels such as sandals or secrets, and I don't need AI, although it doesn't hurt cause that way you know exactly how much you're spending.  Right now Ladera and Cap Maison are my top choices.  I can definitely afford a room with an outdoor jacuzzi on the balcony at cap maison and I think I can swing Ladera's offer to stay 3 nights there/3 nights at cap maison.  I need to look into sugar ridge a little more and I'd like one or two more options to get a finalized  list if anyone has any other suggestions? This has all been so helpful, especially jells2dot0 for talking me out of the maldives, so thanks a bunch everyone!
  • Options
    bhodgetts said:
    Sugar ridge looks nice and is in the budget, so great suggestion!  My mom's good friend is a travel agent who I will be working with when the time comes to book, but I still have over a year (wedding is 6/6/15) so I'm just trying to narrow it down to top 2-3 and see where he can get us the best deal.  I'm trying to avoid chain hotels such as sandals or secrets, and I don't need AI, although it doesn't hurt cause that way you know exactly how much you're spending.  Right now Ladera and Cap Maison are my top choices.  I can definitely afford a room with an outdoor jacuzzi on the balcony at cap maison and I think I can swing Ladera's offer to stay 3 nights there/3 nights at cap maison.  I need to look into sugar ridge a little more and I'd like one or two more options to get a finalized  list if anyone has any other suggestions? This has all been so helpful, especially jells2dot0 for talking me out of the maldives, so thanks a bunch everyone!
    I am the first to admit that the Maldives are high on my list of places to visit. However, I know that it will take at least 10 days and $10K to get there and do the trip right. Just want to make sure you are getting the most for your money!

• Options
    Yeah it would've been nice to say I've been there, but after all you're help, I think I'm going to get a much better deal for the type of room/hotel in the Caribbean. As of right now, my number one choice is to do the half week at ladera/half week at cap maison offer, if I can save enough....we have enough for the 2014 prices, but hard to tell exactly what the price would be in 2015 with taxes....plus hoping my travel agent can work a discount (fingers crossed!), but if not it looks like I can afford cap maison for the week in a room with a jacuzzi, AI, for definitely in the budget so either way I should be happy :) Thanks for all your help!! Any other places you can think of let me know...
  • Options
    We booked Curtain Bluff in Antigua!!! They have jacuzzis/or infinity plunge pool on the balcony!! I'm so so excited. They have some great deals going on right now, and it's all inclusive.

image   image   image

• Options
    First of all, your budget is way bigger than mine, so I'm not sure I'm going to be particularly helpful. However, we were also dead set on having a private outdoor jacuzzi or plunge pool. We also wanted privacy and seclusion, so more of a bungalow/cottage than a hotel with shared walls. We ended up finding a lot of options at very reasonable prices when we started looking at vacation home rentals. We'll be staying in 2-bedroom home with outdoor deck and jacuzzi overlooking the water, pool access, complimentary wine waiting for us, etc.

If the resort/hotel feel or all-inclusive packages aren't important to you, you might be able to find something you like by looking for vacation rentals in some of the areas you're thinking about. Some vacation rentals/time shares also have that resort feel to it, so you don't have to write them off altogether if you do want a resort; I stayed at one in Africa a few years ago that only cost us $250 for a week but was a resort (multiple swimming pools, resort staff, private bungalows, private beach access, excursions/safaris, etc.). We didn't do the all-inclusive package, but they did offer that and we could have done all-inclusive. It's an "outside the box" option, but exploring it could help you find what you're looking for and at a better price.
  • Options
    Very interesting....any website suggestions so I can start researching?
  • Options
    Many of the Sandals resorts have private pools and jacuzzis.  It depends on where you want to go but I would look there for a more budget friendly trip.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If you are open to Mexico, Capella Ixtapa is amazing. We went there for our first vacation and enjoyed every second. The rooms all have private plunge pools and the hotel is built into the cliff side. The west coast of Mexico is completely different from the east coast, so it offers a very different experience than a Cancun or Riviera Maya trip will offer you...the service is wonderful as well

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards