Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Decided on HM - Punta Cana, DR, Secrets Royal Beach - Attire??

FI and I finally decided on our HM for late November...Secrets Royal Beach in Punta Cana! FIL's are giving us their timeshare for the week which included this resort as an option, so we are very excited.

Has anyone been to this resort are any AI resort? I have never traveled to a AI and am wondering what the typical attire is for women? Secrets website references a dress code for evening dining which basically consists of no shorts or flip flops or tank tops for men. Any insight? Thanks!

Re: Decided on HM - Punta Cana, DR, Secrets Royal Beach - Attire??

• Options

That sounds like the dress code for Excellence Punta Cana where we had our honeymoon last month.  I didn't do enough research (which is RARE for me) and I thought there would only be a dress code for a few restaurants and it turned out to be ALL of them. 

Fortunately jeans were okay.  :)  In my experience as long as you aren't in shorts/tank tops/swim suits you will be okay.  I packed two dresses, one pair of dress slacks and two pairs of jeans and was fine.  I had a lot of tops that I never wore but otherwise I packed pretty good.

photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options

My H and I went to Secrets Royal Beach in PC for our honeymoon in Oct 2013.  For the buffet, pretty much anything goes.  We went in our swimsuits and coverups for breakfast and lunch.  For dinners, I mostly wore sundresses.  If you don't want to wear a dress or skirt, you'd be fine in a nice pair of pants/capris, nicer top and some dress sandals.  I seem to recall people wearing jeans and nice tops to most of the restaurants, but personally, I'd rather be overdressed than underdressed.  I packed mostly dresses for dinner, but if you follow what @AprilH81 suggested, you should be fine!

Side note:  If you plan on having dinner at Spice, which is on the Now Larimar side, make reservations at the beginning of your stay.  They're required, and when we were there, they booked quickly!  That's the only restaurant that requires a reservation.

• Options
    Also, if you have any specific questions (like if jeans are acceptable) you can send an email to the information email on the website.  It might be awhile before you get a response but it could give you some additional peace of mind.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    My fiance and I stayed in a Secrets in the Bahamas.  They were pretty strict about the dress code. Like someone else previously mentioned, during breakfast and lunch there was not any problems with anything (bathing suits and cover ups).  However at dinner one night they actually made my fiance go upstairs and change his shorts.  He was wearing khaki shorts and a button up shirt instead of wearing khaki pants. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards