Not Engaged Yet

Am I Being A PITA? (WR)

I have a WR question for everyone.

Last week, I received our contract for our venue. It's a standard contract, but due to the fact that our wedding is off-season, our rates our lower for certain things that are in the contract. FI and I went over the contract line by line and emailed her back with the changes we would like before we signed off.

She emailed me back with the same contract with the only change being that instead of a head table, we were having a sweetheart table.

I have an email drafted going over the points that we would like changed in the contract before signing off, but I don't want to seem like a pain in the ass. I'm always thinking worse-case scenario and if something happened, the contract is in black and white to cover both us and the venue.

These were the things I asked to be changed:

1) change the verbage of having ALL ceremonies outdoors to having the ceremony in the North Room (our wedding is in December in New England)

2) change the ceremony fee from the on-season price to the off-season price

3) putting an addendum to the contract stating we can rent black overlays from the venue at X cost per table

Let me know what you guys think. If I'm being a pain, I'll just cut my losses and sign the contract, but I just want to make sure we're both in agreement.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
image 36 Yes
image 2 No
image 21 Unknown

Re: Am I Being A PITA? (WR)

• IDTS. You need to cover yourself. Just make sure the tone of your email is polite and not pushy. All good.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I would want it all written into the contract before I signed it. Since your email response back to her with the things you wanted amended didn't do any good, I would call her and explain that you would prefer to have the contract updated with the changes before you sign it and send it back over. 

• I just sent out an email again with the addendums. If I get the same contract again, I'm calling her. Thankfully the contract is only four pages though!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • All of the things you want changed are crucial. You're not being a PITA. Stick to your guns, especially where money is involved.

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I'm with the other PPs.  get it in writing before you sign it!  :)
  • Not a PITA.  Contracts are written for a reason.  Don't sign it until she meets all your demands.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • I'm so glad I'm not being a pain! I remember when I bought my house, the back and forth with contracts and I thought that was the norm because it was a lot of money going from one set of hands to another. It taught me to go over everything with a fine-tooth comb and I just was worried that the venue would think I was being a bridezilla. I just didn't want to come back and bite me in the ass.

Thanks ladies!!!! <3

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • agreed.  I don't think you're being a PITA for those things.  If you wanted to say put in an addendum that each slice of cake would be served with a caramel drizzle (or something obscure), I would think you were being a PITA.

Our contract is pretty solid, but our event order is where things can be changed (i.e. our food selections, server options, etc.)  But I would DEFINITELY want the on-season rate changed to off-season.  Can't believe you're having trouble with that, frankly.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • I don't think you're being a pain either - if she still doesn't do it, I would 'red line' <with each red line, initial and date it> and  just INITIAL the contract and send it back to them asking for them to sign off before you officially sign off (if that makes sense).

Anniversary
  • Those are all important things that need to be clarified in the contract! You're not being a PITA at all.
  • Now I want a cake with some caramel drizzle...

If I don't hear back from her by tomorrow afternoon, I'll give her a call. I'd like this contract signed, sealed and delivered before I go on vacation.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I agree with everyone else. You're asking for something entirely reasonable, which is, "We would like to sign the contract that has everything we agreed on in writing because, as it reads now, this is not what we want."
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @twodimes thanks for making me LOL!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Just got the correct contract from the venue, signed off on it and now it's sinking in that:

HOLY SHIT GUYS I'M GETTING MARRIED!

Yay I still have those moments too and with every step it becomes more real. 

Anniversary

• AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• When it comes down to money, you have to have it all in writing!  Glad you got it worked out!
  • You're getting maarrrriieeeddd you're getting maaarrrriiieeeeddddd!!!! WEEEEEEE!!
    Friends

excited geese

Happy Minions GIF

There are literally not enough happy gifs in the world for me to properly display my excitement.

*******************************************************************************************

• phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

I missed most of this thread but I'm glad your venue finally amended the contract to  meet your specifications! YAY!!!

• Yes, you're getting MARRIED!!!!  :)  SO EXCITING now that it's "real" haha
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton

Just this once I will share Brad with you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards