Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Rehearsal at Catholic Church

Hi Ladies,

Does the church usually tell you when your rehearsal will be or do you make suggestions about it?  I haven't called to ask any of those questions yet but I was just wondering what the typical protocol is.  Thanks for any help! :) 

Re: Rehearsal at Catholic Church

• I think most Catholic churches have a set time or two to pick from for the rehearsal and the times may depend on if or when they have a Sat night mass.
  • I wanted to have my rehearsal on Thursday, the day before the wedding, but they had a special mass that evening and couldn't accomodate us.  It also needed to be early enough so that we were out by 7 PM mass that evening.  It really depends on the church and how they make their schedules.  I suggest calling when you are about 3 months out.
  • Our church dictated that it must be the friday before our saturday wedding, but they were flexible on the time.  Seems like most churches have standard set days/times, but can be flexible as long as there are no other services/events going on at the church.

SaveSave
  • It depends on the church.  Our church had 3 weddings the day we got married.  (Historic Cathedral during wedding season).  Each ceremony had a corresponding assigned rehearsal time, and you got 45 minutes.  That's probably rare, though.  
  • Our church only told us we had to be out by 4p for Confessions before 5.30 Mass. Otherwise, there were no restrictions.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Our church has set time for rehearsals depending on time of actual wedding and I don't think it's negotiable.  I would call church and look into it.  
  • ours set it for the day before, but gave us choice of the time.
  • Ours said the night before our wedding(Friday rehearsal for Saturday wedding).   They did dictate the time of the wedding because we had to be cleared out in time for afternoon confessions and 5 PM vigil mass(as well as the little old ladies that come to pray before the Virgin Mary before mass starts).   They were flexible for the time for the rehearsal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards