New Jersey

Intimate NJ Venue

Hi everyone!

My fiance and I are looking for a venue in northern NJ with an intimate feel -- not a wedding factory.  Our wedding size is 100-120 and we are having difficulty finding smaller venue options.  We are looking for a place that has options for an outdoor ceremony (preferably with a gazebo or in a garden) with an indoor backup in case of bad weather.

We fell in love with The Mansion at Bretton Woods in Morris Plains, but their minimum party size is 150, and they are fairly expensive.  
We checked out the Hunt Room at Olde Mill Inn (Basking Ridge) but the dance floor is isolated from the dining area, and it's a bit too small if we do have 120 people.

Does anyone know of a place that fits our size party with indoor/outdoor ceremony options?

Thanks so much!

Re: Intimate NJ Venue

• Tyneequa85Tyneequa85 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2014
    The Tides Estate in North Haledon NJ. I am getting married there on 05/10 with 100 ppl. It is beautiful and has all the things you are looking for (outdoor ceremony, size) and a great price with alot of things included.

http://www.thetides.com
  • Check out Primavera Regency in Stirling.  I guaranteed 125 on a Saturday night and it is $120PP and they have 2 outdoor spaces that I am guessing you can have ceremonies in.  They have 1 wedding per night which was important to me and the food is amazing!
  • Did you Try the high lawn Pavilion I only had to guarantee 75 for a Friday night. I also looked at the liberty House in Jersey city, unfortunately it was out of our budget and we were not getting nearly as much as the Highlawn, both have out door spaces for the ceremony.  
  • Thanks so much ladies! This is a great start! Tyneequa, how much is the cost pp for the Tides?
  • Also try The Views at Mt. Fuji. It is technically in NY but just over the border from Mahwah.

My sister had her wedding there in September. She had 80 people and it was no issue. The food was great and the views are gorgeous.
  • Tyneequa85Tyneequa85 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2014
    @futuremrsJVG I am paying 115 per person for a Sat Night wedding. The manager Tom Austin is very nice and he is willing to negotiate! He threw in a free venniese (sp) hour for us. Our table cloths, napkins, place cards, menus, ice sculptures, cake, uplighting, and valet parking are included in the price. They also have two outdoor ceremony spaces depending on your # of guests.
  • If it's not too far west, consider Farmstead GC.  Sounds like they have everything you're looking for.
  • Did you Try the high lawn Pavilion I only had to guarantee 75 for a Friday night. I also looked at the liberty House in Jersey city, unfortunately it was out of our budget and we were not getting nearly as much as the Highlawn, both have out door spaces for the ceremony.  
    I'm also a Highlawn bride.  We had to guarantee 150 for a Saturday in May, but it sounds like they're much more flexible about smaller parties in the off-season or Friday/Sunday.

If you want the dance floor really integrated into the dining area though, Highlawn won't be your jam.  The ballroom is sort of T-shaped, with the dance floor at the bottom of the T.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• How far are you willing to travel? FI and I are getting married at Black Bear GC, which is part of Crystal Springs Resort in Vernon. The size is perfect for us (we're anticipating about 110 guests) and the fact that it doesn't feel like a wedding factory. Also check out Ballyowen, another Crystal Springs property.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thanks ladies! Some great places to start looking into :)
  • Have you tried the Park Savoy in Florham Park?  Or the Old Mill Inn in Basking Ridge?
  • Park Avenue Club in Florham Park. Not at all a wedding factory! We had about 100 people and it was perfect.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards