Getting in Shape

Craving chocolate

I ate healthy for 3 weeks with barely any cravings at all, and now the past 3 days all I want is chocolate.  I hate having these cravings!  What should I do about it?  I've been indulging the cravings, too, so my healthy eating is just going to hell.

Re: Craving chocolate

• FI & I keep a box of 90 calorie granola chocolate chunk granola bars in the house for when we get in the mood for sweets.  It helps keep the cravings down and keep us going in between meals.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Snack size m&ms. Pour them on to a napkin so you can see how many you have left, and when they are gone, they are gone and you don't get another bag.

I think if you have a craving, just have some in moderation instead of depriving your craving and binging on like a JUMBO sized candy bar.

I also second pp on chocolate granola bars, or special k chocolatey delight cereal that helps me. 
  • Get some high quality dark chocolate.  My favorite is Green & Black's.  It's lower calorie than some other chocolates and the sugar is lower.  The taste is really rich so a few squares will help squash a craving.  
    photo a9462148-4aa2-44d9-90ce-7f8b4d94b393_zps20ae9070.jpg
  • Oooh I love dark chocolate. Good idea.
  • @kns1988 it's so good.  They have this 85% cacao bar that is super rich and chocolately.
    photo a9462148-4aa2-44d9-90ce-7f8b4d94b393_zps20ae9070.jpg
  • I use dark chocolate chips! So yummy, and good for your heart ;)

imageimage

• I always keep a bag of Hershey's kisses around, and just have one a day after dinner. 
  • kmdassow said:
    Get some high quality dark chocolate.  My favorite is Green & Black's.  It's lower calorie than some other chocolates and the sugar is lower.  The taste is really rich so a few squares will help squash a craving.  
    This!!! When ever I want something sweet I break off one square (ONLY ONE) of dark chocolate. It takes care of the craving without the guilt.
  • Agree with PP about snack size M&Ms... though I just ask FI for 4 of his. LOL.  I'm not a big chocolate fan though, just wanted them when he opened them. 

Other suggestions- tootsie rolls and those miniature candy bars.  Then you know when you are done. I can't do the just break off a piece bit unless someone else finishes it.  If it's in a wrapper though I can leave the others in the bag. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I always have some semi-sweet chocolate chips on hand.  I let two melt in my mouth.  It works for me.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Thought about this post last night... as I ate a Hershey kiss... another "small" idea for chocolate.  I like one with a glass of milk... 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Dark chocolate is a life saver. But the very best solution I've found is this:

Freeze a banana
    Add cocoa powder
    Blend

I don't even usually like banana, but this is creamy and DIVINE! Tastes just like chocolate ice cream, and SO SO easy!
  • I make chocolate protein shakes for my snack when I'm craving.  1 cup milk, 1 scoop chocolate protein powder, 1/2 banana, 1tbsp peanut butter and about 5 ice cubes in my magic bullet.  It's a good calorie number for my snacks (250ish calories I think??) and it'll keep you full for a while

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards