Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

local Las Vegas brides

could you tell me what the weather normally is in the Las Vegas area mid to late April? FI and I will be going to the Mustang 50th anniversary April 16-20, then meeting his mom and his daughter on the 20th-30th (I'm flying back home on the 25th to go back to school). When the four of us are together, we're planning to go either to the Grand Canyon, Zion Canyon, or maybe Yosemite. Any recommendations there would be pretty awesome too :)

Re: local Las Vegas brides

• Options
    Zion National Park is amazing! It would be at least 3 and a half hours drive one way from Vegas so it would make for a long day trip. If you and your FI are really into hiking, I would spend at least one night there so you can check out some of the trails. My husband and I did Angel's Landing when we were there and we had friends that did The Narrows. Both are really good. Although I couldn't finish the Angel's Landing as my fear of heights kicked in but my husband said it was AMAZING!

I haven't been to the south side of the canyon, just the north. It is much quieter there but I think it is worth a trip (whichever side you can make it to).

As for Vegas itself, I am a big fan of the Neon Museum, Margaritaville, Fremont Street and a few of the Cirque du Solei shows.

• Options
    The weather can be really varied that time of year. It could be nice low 80s or much hotter. That's a tough time if year to predict! Maybe check the average weather for April here in Vegas and see what you find? PP had some great suggestions for things to do! We don't "do" much as far as touristy things but we are major foodies so if you're looking for some restaurant recommendations let me know! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're going through a warm spell right now, and we had very little rain over the winter. The pools will start to open again in April. Out of your picks, Zion is the closest (and my wedding venue) and offers fantastic hiking opportunities. However, before you take the 3-hour trek and add in the hour time change to Utah, consider the opportunities in the Vegas area. You'll still have good weather for hiking closer to town. My favorite hikes:
    1. Anniversary Narrows in Lake Mead. Smaller than Zion's Narrows, these are completely dry and can be hiked year-round, unless it's actively raining. From the main parking lot, it's a 6-mile in-and-back route, takes around 4 hours. However, you can drive almost all the way to the narrows, cutting your hiking time down to about half an hour. I just did this hike this weekend and it was a lot of fun.
    2. Calico Tanks in Red Rock Conservation Area. A classic hike through red and cream-colored sandstone leads to a large tank that fills with water after a good rain.
    3. Fern Creek in Red Rock. Further down the 12-mile scenic loop, this trail follows a canyon and riverbed. The closer you get to the mountains, the better chance you have of seeing pools, dragonflies and tarantulas.
    4. Children's Discovery Trail at Red Rock. A short hike with petroglyphs. Easily accessible rock art FTW!
    Both Grand Canyon and Yosemite are a 6-hour drive, so you'll need at least 3 days, one to get there, one to enjoy, and one to get back, and even then you're cutting it close.
    Hoover Dam is open for tours and combines a lovely scenic drive, engineering mastery, art and history. Stop by Boulder City for a piece of the slow life and great antiquing.
  • Options
    thanks, everyone, you've given us much food for thought! :) sorry tcnoble, couldn't resist the pun...;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards