Snarky Brides

Should I be afraid of this venue?

So I found a venue online that looked nice in the pictures so I used their website to send an inquiry email. After I submitted my information this is the message that came up...All of these typos and errors have me second guessing this venue a little lol. 

Thank You

Thank you for your message! 
Your busniess & questions are very important to us & you can expect to hear from us within 24 hour or the following business day.

Re: Should I be afraid of this venue?

• Run. Run far away.

Well realistically, I'd at least talk to them. It's very possible that the place is owned by an older person who doesn't understand internet etiquette. But that would definitely put me on edge... not professional at all!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • The auto response makes me feel like it might be a one man show.  Typos happen but considering it is an auto response I would hope they proofread it a few times before launching it.  Go check it out but be cautious.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Check it out but be cautious.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I would tell them that there is a typo, and it may hurt their professional image.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • There are a couple of venues like that in my area. They're owned by old, immigrant families, so I gave it a pass. They were quite charming and professional in person, and the venues were reasonably-priced and very accommodating to various requests.

I'd say go for it. It never hurts to check the place out and read over the contract.
  • ^Yeah, if anything I'd take it as a sign they're not so good with marketing, which could work out in your favor pricewise. I am a grammar nazi but it isn't the end of the world. 
  • I'm an aspiring architect, and we have non-grammar related rule which applies in this situation. Never trust a business that uses comic sans on ANYTHING, even the kids menus. If they think that is an okay design decision I shudder to think what other little details they will deem "cute."

BTW- I'm mostly joking...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards