October 2014 Weddings
Options

Yay October!

I am so excited to be getting married this October 18, 2014!  I got engaged in late December and am really enjoying this process so far!  I would love to have an October buddy to talk with!  Just to go over details, keep each other on track, and help each other when it gets to be so overwhelming!  I think that would be really nice and fun! :)  So far I have my ceremony and reception venue, the caterer that they recommended, baker, florist, photographer, dress, & DJ!  Getting my engagement pictures done this weekend!  Hope everyone else is having a wonderful time planning and hope to hear from some of you soon!  :) 

Ally <3

Re: Yay October!

• Options

There are a lot of 10/18 ladies on here! Including myself!

congratulations!

My FI and I have yet to book our baker (meeting with her on 2/22) and our DJ. We have a few more purchases to make and then we are done. This weekend I ordered my hair pins, my crinoline, the invites and our guest book.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Oh congratulations!!! So exciting! I love that I have other people to talk to! That's so great that you are so on top of things! I still have to figure out my centerpieces, hair & makeup, save the dates and invites, and a few other things but so far it's been really smooth! I've gotten a lot done since I got a late start and I'm loving looking through all the magazines and everything but it can def get a bit overwhelming at times!
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome! I've fallen a bit behind everyone else.  I still need a florist, transportation, and invitations.  The bridesmaids and I are going maid dress shopping on February 8, so we can check that off soon!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
  • Options
    des9724 said:

Congrats and welcome! I've fallen a bit behind everyone else.  I still need a florist, transportation, and invitations.  The bridesmaids and I are going maid dress shopping on February 8, so we can check that off soon!

I'm going on the 9 to shop for my dress! It's a popular weekend! :)
  • Options
    Congratulations to all!!

I love reading about other October weddings, it's a lot of help to know where everyone is at with the planning.
    I'm getting married the 25th 2014 in New Orleans and planning everything from Illinois.
    I have almost everything except MY DRESS :/ I'm planning on going february 8th, I'm so excited but nervous it's so late, for what I've read that is one of the first things Brides get, I was even thinking of waiting until April since my Mom is coming for that date but I realize that will be really late. I need your opinion about buying a dress online, I'm considering it but want to hear from someone who had a good experience, thank you!

Good luck everyone  :)
  • Options

Hello Ladies,

After I got engaged, everyone said i was moving to fast booking everything. I am getting married on October 25, 2014. Living in NJ, (not sure how it is everywhere else) but things get booked up really quick. I have the venue, dress, hotel block, dj and photgrapher booked. Still looking for a florist and a hair/makeup artist. Reading everyones post makes me feel better that im on the right track...  thanks ladies  :)

• Options
    Theres so such thing as booking too early! I am getting married in Maryland on Oct 18 , and its exactly the same. When I was researching and talking to venues, they were already booking into the end of 2014, and early 2015. I booked venue, officiant, DJ, rehearsal dinner event, and photographer,  booked hotel blocks, bought dress, and working on cake and floral at the time being. We are in the same exact boat. :) 
  • Options
    Congratulations! I am new to the boards as well. I look forward to hearing (reading) about everyone's ideas and planning suggestions. 

Anyways, I look forward to seeing you around. Good luck with the planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Theres so such thing as booking too early! I am getting married in Maryland on Oct 18 , and its exactly the same. When I was researching and talking to venues, they were already booking into the end of 2014, and early 2015. I booked venue, officiant, DJ, rehearsal dinner event, and photographer,  booked hotel blocks, bought dress, and working on cake and floral at the time being. We are in the same exact boat. :) 
    I got the same feedback from some of my vendors about booking early. I'm glad I have all of the "big" stuff done now. All I have left is the DJ but that seems to be the hardest. 

Dang though, sounds like you have even more done... How was it blocking out hotel rooms? Did they make you pay a fee? And do they give you a special rate for booking rooms in that way? I'm a bit hesitant to make that move due to all of the unknowns...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Congratulations! I am also getting married October 18 in MD. I am originally from MD, but now live in North Carolina.

I have booked my venue for ceremony/reception, gotten our caterer, our officiant, my dress, our photographer and set up a hotel room block. I am almost done confirming our DJ and will begin working on the florist next.

If you or anyone have recommendations for florists and/or hair salons in MD, I would greatly appreciate any recommendations/suggestions.

Lisa

• Options
    Hi! I'm getting married on October 18th too! In Columbus, Ohio! DId you all know it's Sweetest Day?
  • Options
    DarkIvy03 said:
    I got the same feedback from some of my vendors about booking early. I'm glad I have all of the "big" stuff done now. All I have left is the DJ but that seems to be the hardest. 

Dang though, sounds like you have even more done... How was it blocking out hotel rooms? Did they make you pay a fee? And do they give you a special rate for booking rooms in that way? I'm a bit hesitant to make that move due to all of the unknowns...
    Blocking hotel rooms was no problem at all! No fees associated with anything. You just give them an idea of what days and how many rooms you would like to have available - they will give you special rates based on the rooms. Be careful though, as some hotels will charge a fee if you are unable to fill the rooms so definitely do your research! This is generally associated with the more expensive hotels. We have Marriott Courtyard, Hampton Inn and Hilton Inn and Gardens booked for our wedding. Dont be hesitant, and just ask questions! It was no problem at all. :) 
  • Options
    shagreen26shagreen26 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2014
    Nik1319 said:
    Hello Ladies,

After I got engaged, everyone said i was moving to fast booking everything. I am getting married on October 25, 2014. Living in NJ, (not sure how it is everywhere else) but things get booked up really quick. I have the venue, dress, hotel block, dj and photgrapher booked. Still looking for a florist and a hair/makeup artist. Reading everyones post makes me feel better that im on the right track...  thanks ladies  :)

I am getting married on the 24th I am in Philadelphia. So I understand how fast things get booked. In fact I went to Jersey to get me and my girls dresses.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards