Flowers
Options

Preserved flowers for reception?

Hi there! Has anyone worked with preserved flowers for reception decor? 

I think it would save money and also give me the advantage of DIY without the last-minute stress. Fresh flowers are my favorite, and I don't think I could make myself love sola flowers or silk flowers enough to not regret them when I look at our photos. 

I've been looking in particular at this site: http://www.save-on-crafts.com/preservedroses.html. Any feedback or reviews would be greatly appreciated. 

Then happy I, that love and am beloved 
Where I may not remove nor be removed.

--William Shakespeare (Sonnet 25)

Re: Preserved flowers for reception?

• Options
    I am doing fresh flowers for all things except my bouquet. My bouquet will be what they call "real touch" flowers and the florist (whom is really close with my family and we trust her 100%) assured us that these flowers look so real no one would know. My bouquet will be made in January for my bridal portraits, and then returned to the florist to wait for the wedding day. I didn't want the added cost of an additional bouquet for pictures.
  • Options
    @katieg520

Thanks for the suggestion of the "real touch" flowers. I live out in the boonies so it took a while to locate some. In the end, I couldn't make myself love them the way I wanted. It's also possible that some are made with a higher quality than others and I'm just in a bad region. 

I did check out the preserved flowers. While I have to say they are beautiful and really nice to have around the apartment, they are delicate and tear easily. Not really good for a bouquet. 

In the end, I am doing a tiny, fresh flower bouquet for me, super adorable clutches for my bridesmaids, and simple but fresh bouts, corsages, and table flowers. It's pretty much all one kind of flower and ordering in bulk helped a lot. Plus we were lucky enough to find someone who was willing to really work with us. :) 

Again, thanks for your suggestion! I'm sure your flowers were beautiful. Did you post pics?

Then happy I, that love and am beloved 
    Where I may not remove nor be removed.

--William Shakespeare (Sonnet 25)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards