Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Soon to be hubby wants Mountains...I want beach

So we both enjoy mountains and hiking. We actually got engaged on top of a mountain (in freezing cold, windy, snowy) But it's also the only type of thing we do. I LOVE the beach and would love to go on a beach honeymoon. We can't necessarily afford an all inclusive beach vaca so we talked about going to Lake Placid, Vermont and New Hampshire. We are from NY. BUT we go to Lake Placid frequently and have been to Vermont. We will both be contributing to the cost of the honeymoon.

Does anyone have any suggestions for something that could be a compromise for both of us? I want both of us to enjoy our honeymoon but I think if I didn't at least bring up that I wasn't complety  happy with decision I'd regret it. Thanks in advance for your advice and suggestions! :)

Re: Soon to be hubby wants Mountains...I want beach

• Options
    Lake George? 

Do you generally want to stay in the Northeast? What about North Carolina? 
  • Options
    What is you budget?  That would be helpful in regards to responses you are going to get.

• Options

Budget is 2,000-3,000. It's for September. I don't necessarily want to stay Northeast....

• Options
    September is making it hard for me to think of a place. I personally would want to avoid anywhere that could be hit with hurricane-like weather. Hmm. 
  • Options
    It's the first week of September:) Just a little more detail....
  • Options
    September is making it hard for me to think of a place. I personally would want to avoid anywhere that could be hit with hurricane-like weather. Hmm. 
    Yeah, but she could always purchase trip insurance for that possibility and really the likelihood of a hurricane screwing up her HM is not very large even during hurricane season.

• Options
    What about somehting like Lake Tahoe?  It might not work on your budget, but there's a lot of outdoorsy stuff to do and laying by the lake instead of a beach on the ocean might be a good compromise.  It would be chilly at night, but in the mid-70's during the days most likely.
  • Options
    I think you can get beach and hiking in Maine. That might be a good compromise. And it's only a shirt flight (or a long drive) from ny.
  • Options
    Massachusetts! I live here and the Cape would be awesome at that time, the beaches will be empty because all the kid are back in school. Then western MA has the Berkshire Mountains with some of the best hiking. You could do 3 or 4 days in each area. 

• Options
    Hawaii.  Try the big island (though I've only been to Oahu) as there are volcanos and hiking there yet you still get the beach.  I think Kauai is amazing too for hiking.  Not sure if you could do it in your budget though

• Options
    Costa Rica has both

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards