May 2014 Weddings
Options

All the big things are done!!!

I'm so stoked.  We signed with a DJ today.  It was more than what we had planned on, but that is okay since we really haven't paid a whole lot of money into our wedding due to the fact that both our parents have been extremely generous and have been really helping out so much more than we had expected.  There are still a bunch of little things that need to get done/purchased but all the big stuff is done!!

By my count I have,
Dress - Done.  All alterations and everything are all done, and its in my FIL's closet at their place
Mens Tuxes - Done.  All men have gone in and gotten fitted and they will be ready to pick up a few days before the wedding
Venue - Done. Same place for ceremony and reception and its all taken care of as well.
Hotel for night of wedding- Done and the place is gorgeous!  We actually did that today too, and had a very fancy lunch there as well that was amazing.
Photographer - Done
Bakery - Done. And paid for as well.
Flowers - Done.  I need to meet with him one more time before the wedding with my FMIL to go over fine details
DJ - Done. We need to meet with our DJ once more to go over everything, and that will be done next month
Officiant - Done.  My older brother is all ready to go, we just have a few finer details to cover.
Invites - Done. And I've already received a few responses so that is awesome.

My bridal shower is next month, and I've completed a few little things as well.  As soon as I'm done typing this email, I'm going to make a phone call to a possible hair dresser since I still don't have anyone for that.  I'm still working on my centerpieces, well practicing really so when my mom is in town next month, she can help me with that.  I have all the stuff for our favors, but won't put those together until the week before.  I have most everyone's flight information for the wedding.  My FFIL is working on the wooden signs I would like at the wedding, and I have a friend who will do calligraphy for me for those.  I still have some lawn games that I either need to purchase, or see if some people are willing to loan theirs out for the wedding. 

Anyways, I was just so excited because at this rate, if some of the small details don't get done, we will still have one heck of a wedding bash! :D
Anniversary

Re: All the big things are done!!!

• Options
    That is awesome that all your big stuff is done!!! I think in the next week I will have all the big stuff done too. It's becoming real now isn't it? It's a little scary :)
  • Options
    Actually what was scary was the price of the DJ but they came highly recommended and FI and I have been picking things based on "the warm fuzzy feelings" and we think that will pay off in the end.  And of all the DJ people we contacted this was the only place that actually got back to us in a timely manner, like within an hour of us emailing them, and they were very professional.  Trust me, tammym1001 when you get all the big stuff done, it feels AMAZING!!!  Strangely I'm not scared though :)  And shrekspeare it is exciting and thank you :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Yay! Ive had the big ticket items done for awhile, and leading up to that point was so stressfull! I had aweful nightmares and just worried all the time! Now only having the small stuff to do feels so much better. The last item that wouldbe considered big is ordering flowers, were ordering from sams club and cant place it till about a month out. But even then the cost of flowers should only be around 300 so im not worried.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards