New Jersey - South

Merion ladies...

Hi all!  I am getting married at the Merion in less than a month (!!!!), and I am trying to figure out what I need to do regarding tipping the bridal attendant/maitre'd, etc. 

I would really appreciate any help I can get... I have no idea how much I should be tipping, or who exactly will need a tip (since gratuity is included).

Thanks!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Merion ladies...

• edited December 2011

The gratuity included with your package covers a standard tip for everyone working that evening so any additional tip you choose to give will be at your discretion. We gave additional tips to the bartenders, our personal waitress, our captain and our maitre'd because their service was just so over the top awesome... but whatever you give is totally up to you since it's on top of the one in the package. I've heard people say they gave as much as a few hundred extra but by the time the wedding came around fo us we just didn't have the ability to do that so we gave $100 to the maitre'd, $50 each to the captain and personal waitress and $20 each to the bartenders.
    Hope that helps!

• ev4149ev4149 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rangergirl - did you give your coordinator a tip?  I have Stephanie, who is great, so I was planning to give her something.  I am guessing she is there that day, but I don't know how it works yet...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi,

Kathy (my coordinator) was there for the first three hours of my wedding.  She was also there at 4pm when I arrived (my wedding was at 6:30) with everything set up for me.  I didn't have to worry about a single thing ever.  They are simply amazing.  I don't know the dollar amounts since my father tipped everyone but we tipped Kathy, our maitre'd (who was also amazing and I cannot remember his name!), our service captain, head waitress, and the three bartenders.

You will have an amazing time!  The level of service at the Merion is unbelievable!  I highly recommend getting some tupperware containers and labeling everything you will need them to set up, i.e. toasting flutes, menus, cake cutter, etc.  They did everything for me.  I so want to do my wedding again!  Everything was so perfect my father wants to have christening parties and baby showers there.
  • edited December 2011
    We also had Stephanie who was probably the best part of my entire wedding outside of my groom, haha. We did tip her but not that night because she left before the end of the night. They were SO KIND though to us and kept all of our stuff until the next day for us to go pick up since we were staying at an area hotel and had no way of getting all our stuff out that night. So we saw her the next day. We also sent the entire staff an Edible Arrangement a few days later (which - after I sent it I was like well maybe that was dumb since they do food there but they seemed to appreciate it from what Stephanie said.)

I can't even tell you how amazing the staff is going to be that night. Our entire bridal party was raving about them and one of my bridesmaids is already planning to get married there. I hope you get Dee for your Captain and Jimmy for your maitre'd, they are the BEST!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a moron....after Ranger girl posted I realized I had Jimmy and Dee as well the night of my wedding.  I lost my brain somewhere.
  • edited December 2011
    lol! You're not a moron, That night is such a blur, it's a wonder a bride remembers any details! I had requested Dee which is why I remembered her specifically and we met with Jimmy a few other times as well. As awesome as our waitress was, I can't for the life of me remember her name though!
  • ev4149ev4149 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  Maybe I will see if I can request Jimmy and Dee.

I am nervous, there are FOUR weddings on my date.  I keep praying that everything goes smoothly...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards