New York-Upstate

Outdoor Wedding Weather help for Upstate New York

Has anyone had an outdoor wedding in September in the Upstate New York area?  I am trying to weigh out options.  I love fall but don't want my wedding to be freezing cold! Thank you!

Re: Outdoor Wedding Weather help for Upstate New York

• SarahjodirtSarahjodirt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Has anyone had an outdoor wedding in September in the Upstate New York area?  I am trying to weigh out options.  I love fall but don't want my wedding to be freezing cold! Thank you!
  • edited December 2011
    You could also try posting this in the Upstate NY or Central NY Board as well.  I've been to outdoor weddings in September and they were lovely.  Just be prepared, if you're having a tent, make sure you have backup heaters and the sides available if necessary.  It could be cold, but it could be hot.  That's why I love NY....zero predictability!
  • edited December 2011
    weatherunderground and the national weather service have geographically precise historic weather data.
  • L&J2012L&J2012 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    September in Upstate NY usually isn't too bad. Think 60s-70s. But yes, look at the national weather service to find historical data.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    September should be fine.  I am having my wedding Oct 7th this year in Webster NY
    Vacation Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Weather in this area in Septemeber still tends to be warm.  I wouldn't worry to much if you are having an afternoon wedding but if you are having an evening wedding I would agree about heaters.

I will be getting married outside in upstated NY on October 7 and I am not worried about the cold
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I think it would be find to have an outdoor wedding in Sept during the day, but it would probably be a little chilly at night.  As with any outdoor wedding, it's important to have a plan B in case of rain, or a really cold/hot day.  September weather can be beautiful, but sometimes kinda unpredictable .
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married on the shores of Lake George on 10/10 and it was high 50s/low 60s.  About 10 days out from our wedding they were calling for freezing rain.  It ended up to be a perfect fall day, but you just never know.  It wouldn't have been comfortable for my guests to be outside, but we took a lot of outside pictures and it was fine.  I think you should be okay, but you just never know for sure until the day comes.  I would have a back-up plan (indoors) just in case.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards