Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Inviting everybody on Facebook

You guys, what is going on? One of my friends invited me to her wedding by inviting me to "like" her PUBLIC FB page, which included info on brunches and bachelorette parties I still don't know if I'm invited to, and yesterday this vague acquaintance of mine posted to EVERYONE asking for addresses so he could send out save-the-dates to his PPD, no less.

It makes me want to invite all my weirdest Facebook friends to their weddings, since they're apparently public events. Are your friends doing this too?

Re: Inviting everybody on Facebook

• Options
    This.
    Dutch teen’s sweet 16 party invitation goes viral on Facebook, ends in 3,000 rioting in Groningen suburb

• Options
    There is no cure for stupid.  And unfortunately stupid is spreading like a plague.

• Options
    Well, glad to know it's not as widespread as it could be. I'm trying to think who is the most out-there of my Facebook friends I could "accidentally" invite to this.
  • Options

A friend of mine made a private fb group for those invited to the wedding. She used it to gather addresses. She also put a link to her honeymoon registry and target registry in the page description. 

I attended the shower and the day after received an email invitation to her bachelorette THAT NIGHT. 8 hours notice. Her sister, who was organizing, also asked for $50 towards the limo. It was obvious they saw me at the shower and afterwards thought to invite me to reduce the cost burden on the bridesmaids. I didn't respond to the invite.

I think that fb posts are a sign of horrors still to come, and agree with PP's that you must attend and report back.

• Options
    This happened to me. An college acquaintance whom I havent spoken to in years invited me to "like" the event page months ago. I ignored it, but I recently got a FB message about her bridal shower so I guess I really am invited. Im so confused by it. No Thanks 
  • Options
    I have been really lucky I guess to avoid anything like this and I hope it stays that way!

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards