Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Anyone going through the K1 fiancé(e) visa process?

My FI is American, I’m foreign. He’s definitely worth it, but it’s so much work and hassle! We live overseas, in a country without postal service, and the documents can only be sent by physical mail!? In this day and age!? I know third world countries that are more technologically advanced.

I saw part of TLC’s 90-day fiancée (or whatever it’s called) yesterday, and it frustrates me a little that I have to go through the same process as people who have seen each other in person only once or twice, with brides-to-be who barely speak English and who’ll have a major culture shock.

One the other hand it’s encouraging, if they can get the visa, I’m definitely able to get one!

I can definitely do with some support and success stories from other brides! Thanks in advance.  

Re: Anyone going through the K1 fiancé(e) visa process?

• JennyColadaJennyColada Awesometown, CA member
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Third Anniversary First Answer
    My ex is an English citizen and we briefly looked into the process, but neither of us felt ready for marriage at the time. So I cannot say that I have any personal experience with it, but even just looking into it it did seem like quite a hurdle!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards