Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Date change

Help!  I changed the date of my wedding from 5/23 until 7/26 and I had already sent out the save the dates.  I would like to send a little note out to everyone letting them know.  Can anyone give me ideas or help me with cute/funny wording?? I don't want anyone thinking either of us were having second thoughts.  I did it because I felt like I was running out of time and didn't want to make rush rush decisions on things! 

Re: Date change

• Options
    You can just print up new STDs and have it say something like Save the NEW Date and include your more current wedding date.

You don't need a cute saying or funny wording.  Most people will just assume that you had to change the date due to planning issues, not because either of you were having cold feet.

• Options
    Why not just send out a new STD that says something like, "Oops... we had to change our wedding date.  Please save the new date of 7/26/14". Often the cute, poem stuff can be more confusing... it's usually best to just state things clearly. And like Maggie said, most people will assume its because of planning issues (venue was double booked or vendor was unavailable) rather than you freaking out about getting married.

• Options
    I actually just got one of these the other day. It was a picture of both the bride and groom on their phones with confused looks and holding calendars. It was cute, we had a good laugh over it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards