June 2015 Weddings
Options

Does anyone else feel like they have a million ideas....

and no way for them to come together? I've got nearly all my big vendors booked and now it seems like I'm thinking about all the extra stuff. I have tons of ideas and no idea how to go about completing them. I seem to keep adding to my checklist instead of crossing things off and I have no idea if any of it is going to go together. I'm entering the land of unfinished projects....

Re: Does anyone else feel like they have a million ideas....

• Options
    What kind of projects are you doing? I kind of did that for a while, but we have a theme and most of our decorative ideas are DIY things that lend themselves to that theme and will make our wedding unique. It seems like a lot of random additions but really it will be things that stand out, and shouldn't take that much extra time (I'm on maternity leave until fall so I have a lot of down time). If you have the time to get everything done and can envision exactly what you need in terms of materials and skills to do them I say go for it! There's so much time, try things out and have fun with it :)
  • Options
    I really think Pinterest is the problem, I keep finding things and going "oh, that's cool", "oh I could do that"

• Options
    I really think Pinterest is the problem, I keep finding things and going "oh, that's cool", "oh I could do that"

Yes, exactly!
  • Options
    Gotta love Pinterest! We still have plenty of time so get all the ideas you want. No one says you have to do them all. Just make sure you don't overwhelm youself!
    photo tumblr_mfhfonwf671rg1b79o1_500_zps27a85afc.gif
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've spent a lot of time brainstorming and really trying to figure out what I want.  Pinterest makes it so overwhelming.  You think you are being original but there are a hundred other brides out there doing the same thing.  It got to the point where I needed to just take a step back from trying to plan and that gave me better perspective.  Just take a step back!
  • Options
    Ive actually gone through my pinterest and created more boards with streamlined topics- Wedding hair &makeup, wedding food, wedding flowers and centerpieces etc. then gone through and edited my pins from the overall board int the smaller boards. It helped me see similarities in what I liked, and helped me delete some pins that didn't follow the over all look I'm going for!
  • Options
    Hi ladies! (I'm new here) - I think Pinterest is def the problem!  I had a definite image in mind and then over the past week I found that it was changing drastically because of all of the things I've seen on Pinterest. I had to reign myself in and remind myself of our original plan, so I'm trying to keep the pinning under control.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards