Second Weddings

****Debi1941*****

OH MY GOODNESS,

Less than a month!!!!!!  just sayin.

You must be getting sooooooooooo excited!!!

How's everything coming along? The last 2 weeks can be a bit brutal. I turned bridezilla a few times and I'm a really mellow person, and I was very well organized. Remember to breathe and count to 10.

Are you working with Karolina yet? Where are you getting married?

Re: ****Debi1941*****

• debi1941debi1941 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Excited...me...really....? 

Thats the ultimate understatement! I do not even think there is a word that describes my feelings...I absolutely CANNOT wait.....i love , adore, cherish, crave him like no other, or even knew I could! 

Ya know, it is so funny that the "bridezilla" statement has emerged in your question........I am quite the calm one...and pretty much expect to be....after all, I do have Lisa ( a friend since 4 yrs old) and she has quite honestly taken over the "bridezilla" position for me, and might I say, she is doing a wonderful job! 

All i hear is "debi, debi, debi" we have to do this and what do you mean we ran out of ribbon.....how could you under estimate by that much.....or the.......we have to finish the favors, tonite, we are doing them tonite....I must scratch this from the list....too much to do...."  I literally just sit back and laugh!  Hysterical ! But she is in her glory......hasn't been a wedding amongst our group of friends in almost 25 yrs!   

I am allowing her , her 15 minutes !

Karolina, I ADORE her! She is the email queen, quite organized, keeping me on my toes...on task and taking care of 
     and anything that needs to be taken care of! 

Well, our wedding venue can be described in a few words.....then I will explain.....
    RED NECK BANQUET hall......

why you ask? well, it is next to a bowling alley.......i think that in itself allows it to be titled that way !  hahaha...  No, on a serious note, it is very nice inside, the staff is over the top accommodating, the food is unreal for a 'banquet' hall and the price is wonderful!

Originally I wanted a destination wedding on a romantic ship or beach, warmth, sun, sand.....BUT he wanted all his freinds and family to witness our happiness and our marriage vows...how could I resist!!!  So, we were told about Bristol Court, we went and booked......first and last place....

we are having a brunch....
    lox and bagels, blintzes with fruit sauce, waffles, bacon, omelet station, fruit salad, a carved beef station, chkn monterey, orange roughy, duchess potatoes, green bean medley, green salad 

desert are......ice cream crepes, european pastries, chocolate fondue with yummies and then a grooms cake and the wedding cake.....

colored linens, cheesy chair covers, the ceremony set up and of course we are having lite liquor...wines, beers and champagne and mimosas.....

ALL for $45 pp......how could we not go there !!!

Hopefully once in, no one will remember the 'bowling alley' next door...lol.....my nightmare!!!  My poor mom, may she rest in peace, is going to be rolling over in her grave at the thought of a banquet hall wedding for her daughter....

My first wedding was her dream wedding she never had.....the westin downtown, over 250 ppl and a price tag that would buy a house.....ridiculous in my eyes...but i had NO control over anything except the colors.....Black and White....

But i have done a lot of DIY and a lot of my eclectic personality went into this wedding, so I am hoping my vision turns out ok...eeeks! 

The only thing I truly care about is marrying Andy, if the wedding party is a flop...oh well, I tried!  lol....

Thank you sooo much for asking !

xoxo

Sorry it took so long to answer...my pc at work is DEAD and i have been so busy at home, haven't been online !!!!!

• edited December 2011
    Well, it sounds like you are ready to go!! that's great, Where is Bristol Court? What town? Just curious.

At 45 per person you cannot go wrong with all you are getting. Keep us posted on your progress Debi and remember to let Lisa and Karolina do all the worrying and you can just breathe and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • debi1941debi1941 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bristol Court is in Mt Prospect....rand and central basic area.....

thats the plan, Karolina is wonderful !

Thanks !!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards