Wedding Invitations & Paper

Invite Dilemma?

I ordered invitations from WeddingPaperDivas back in January.  At the time, we were not inviting children to our wedding, so I just ordered the invitations and the envelopes - no inner ones.  (I was trying to save money and, of course, got it in the end.)  After talking it over, we decided to include children.  So I contacted WeddingPaperDivas on March 4th and asked if it was possible to order inner and outer envelopes for the invitations that I already purchased.  I was told that it was possible, ordered them and was told that they'd be delivered between March 14th and March 18th.  

Yesterday comes and my order still says "Printing" (nothing is being printed though - I just ordered the envelopes).  I contact them and was told yesterday that they were being prepared for shipment and I would receive an email with the tracking number.  As of this morning, no email and it still said "Printing" - so I contact them again.  Now I'm being told that they don't know when they'll be shipped because they just don't have them.  (Oh, and they refuse to cancel my order and refund me.  I was told that I'd have to return the order after I receive it - whenever that may be.)

My problem is that this Saturday is 8 weeks until my wedding.  While I'm not keen on waiting until 6 weeks prior, I would do it if it meant getting my order.  If it doesn't come, how should I handle the addresses that aren't "standard"?

I have a single mother whose two children have different last names from her and each other.  Do I list them one on top of the other?
There are two invitees that are not dating anyone but are being given the option of bringing a date.  I hate to put "and Guest" - but what else can I do?

I'm probably being overly cautious, but I'd hate to commit a faux pas.  Any thoughts?

Re: Invite Dilemma?

• 1. You don't need inner envelopes, ever, whether you are inviting children, not inviting children, whatever. You just include the names of everyone invited on the outside envelope. I believe traditionally children's last names are never included, whether they are the same as the parents or not. Examples:

Mr. and Mrs. John Smith
    Thomas and Susan

Ms/Miss Jane Smith
    Thomas and Susan

Super formal:
    Mr. and Mrs. John Smith
    Mstr. Thomas and Miss Susan

2. I would call Wedding Paper Divas and ask to cancel you order/get a refund, if the person who answers says that is not possible, ask to speak to a manager. Be very polite, but firm. They are probably used to stressed-out people calling and getting angry, so staying calm may be the better way to get what you want (And, I think, you deserve).
  • For when you are inviting kids and have no inner envelope.

Ms. Jane Doe
    Miss Nancy Smith
    Mr (or Master, depending on how formal you want to go) Jerry Johnson

• Thanks all - I was just concerned that the address portion would look a tad crowded with so many names.  But I'm glad to know that I was just over-thinking it!  If my order doesn't come in time, I'll just proceed without them.

Thanks again!
  • Thanks all - I was just concerned that the address portion would look a tad crowded with so many names.  But I'm glad to know that I was just over-thinking it!  If my order doesn't come in time, I'll just proceed without them.

Thanks again!
    It won't be as crowded as you think, unless you write super huge which I doubt. A lot of invites I have gotten lately haven't had inner envelopes. They are really kind of a waste and just add extra weight to your invites making them more expensive postage wise.

•  I agree with the PPs, that you don't need an inner envelope. :)

I would most certainly be calling wedding paper divas, and demand that my order be cancelled, and that I'm fully refunded. I would tell them that they did not meet the arrival date, and because of that, you no longer require them. I agree with daria24, that you're likely going to need to speak with management. I would also leave a review on their website once everything's dealt with. (Whether good or bad, depending on the outcome). 

Good luck!

*J
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards