Plus-Sized
Options

Feeling Overwhelmed!!!

Hi ladies!!

So...my wedding is October 11 and I am beginning to feel extremely overwhelmed over how much there is to do and when to do it etc. I have 2 of my bridesmaids who are willing to help me with anything I need but I have no idea where to even begin! 

This is what I have done:

Dress - paid waiting to start alterations 
Reception venue - booked and partly paid
Ceremony - booked and deposit paid
DJ - booked and deposit paid
Photographer - friend agreed to do them, but now I can't get in touch with her so I'm unsure about this
BM dresses - picked out and will be ordered by April 30.
Suits - will be picking out by April 30 - to be ordered/measured by July 15.

I have no idea when to do ceremony programs and invites.
We just had our tasting at the reception venue and can not decide on what to choose.
We are totally undecided on cake/cupcakes.
I'm doing our centerpieces myself, and have done my mock ups but that is as far as I am.
Flowers - I am doing silk flowers because I have allergies to pollen. The woman who was going to help me put these together has now moved and I am stuck with all these flowers that I picked out to use for bouquets etc and no one to help me put them together.
I am totally lost on attendants gifts.

I know there is more I need to add to my list but I am so lost right now that I don't even know which way is up.

Advice please!!! Thanks in advance!!

Visit The Knot!   Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Feeling Overwhelmed!!!

• Options
    First, breathe. 
    Second, you have more time than you think. If you have a smart phone, I highly recommend downloading one of those wedding checklist apps (TK's app, WedHappy, etc.).

I am the absolute worst at planning things and executing them, but am really great at helping others get organized.

Try to figure out your photography situation.  If you can't get in touch with her, start researching photographers that are in your budget. 

Next, look at invitations.  Narrow down your choices and find something that you and FI agree on.

Do you need to have a menu count on your RSVP? If so, choose your entrees, or at least narrow down what you're having (beef, chicken, etc.).   You'll want to mail invitations out at the 6-8 week mark, but plan on having them stuffed and addressed before that.  

Ceremony programs and attendant gifts can be done closer to the actual wedding.  FI and I started thinking about them about 5-6 weeks out, so that we had time to order them if they needed to be custom made.  

You can probably find some YouTube videos or blogs on how to DIY your bouquets.  You may even be able to find a flower arranging workshop at a local craft store or continuing ed program. 

Did I have moments of stress and/or panic throughout the whole planning process?  Of course!  My wedding is in 11 days just about everything is done, aside from actually getting married and also paying our final balances. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Are you looking for advice on handling your list or are you wanting help adding more to it? 

As far as attendants gifts go, shop for each BM or GM individually. Don't just buy them all the same item. I bought each of my BMs a necklace, but I picked a different one for each girl. They are not required to wear them to the wedding.

As far as flowers go, there is still time. Since you are using silk flowers you can start now. Get some tape, maybe floral tape, and begin trying to make a bouquet. Start with just a couple flowers and tape them together. Then add a couple more and more tape. Keep going til you get something you like. If you don't like it, you can take it apart.

• Options
    @silver0319 - Thank you! I know I have more time then I think but I feel like I'm going to run out of time and not get everything done! You've given me some stuff to think about.

@gothic_fairy60 - I'm looking for advice on both actually. I know there is so much more that I am missing on my to do list and I am lost as to what else I need to think about and when it should be started or priority. Good idea about the BM gifts!

Visit The Knot!   Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Things that have worked for others:
    Pick a day of the week and have that day to focus on all things wedding.  It can be with your bridesmaids or your FI or both.  One girl on a forum I'm on does 'Wedding Wednesday' and she keeps a personal journal and gives updates to her wedding on Thursday.  It helps her keep on track and limits the amount of 'wedding talk' while spending time with FI and others so she can focus on those relationships. 

Get one of the checklists.  Go through the whole thing and cross out unnecessary items and check off what you've already completed.

Do you have a pinterest or idea board?  If not, get one - it will help keep your ideas straight and will allow you to look at items such as invitations side by side so you can see which ones you like better.  If you do this, try to limit yourself on a number  (like for the invite example, never allow yourself to have more than 5 invites that you're looking at).

When you're frustrated or whatever, see if there are any simple items that you can do to make you feel like you've accomplished something.  My own personal example would be I just booked my officiant for my wedding.  I still have to go through his 'wedding package kit' and pick what elements I want for my ceremony, but it's booked.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Just wanted to chime in about the friend photographer.  I wouldn't mix business with pleasure....it often doesn't turn out well.  I've seen many brides come back here after the wedding upset about their choice to use a friend.    I'd start looking and hire a photographer.  Then your friend can enjoy your wedding as a guest.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards