Wedding Woes
Options

A spinoff of the thread where "whoa" is spelled wrong

Why are men so weird about trans-ness?  I mean, I could see being shocked if you're legitimately planning to procreate with the person, but if a guy wouldn't even be able to tell the trans woman from a cis woman, what is up with the reaction being something other than "cool - no worrying that I might get her pregnant"?

Re: A spinoff of the thread where "whoa" is spelled wrong

• Options
    I did spell it wrong.  Geeze.  
  • Options
    Like 73 times, too.  lol
  • Options
    I edited it.  ;) I can't leave it spelled wrong. 

It looked wrong, but I couldn't figure out why.  Foggy brain, I guess.  
  • Options
    B/c he's worried it makes him gay.
  • Options
    That consuming fear, too, is baffling.  Scientists are baffled!
  • Options
    It's just kind of a weird thing, normalizing all culture to young, straight, white men.  It has so many obvious side-effects.
  • Options

I think it's a head thing, and they can't wrap their mind around the idea that at one point you had a penis and now you are the prettiest girl I've ever seen.

• Options
    WzzWzz member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited March 2014

you should probably poll a board that has mostly dudes on it. most guys i have met in past years have wanted families, so not being able to have kids would be a big deal breaker. no, not everyone can adopt or afford a surrogate.

ETA:

likewise, a man having a vasectomy before meeting a woman could be a dealbreaker for the woman if she ever wants to try for children. if you get to the point where kids aren't happening naturally, you make those decisions later. JMHO.

• Options
    VarunaTT said:

Men are just as bound by gender definitions as women are.  Fighting against gender definitions, I think, is just as difficult and sometimes neglected in study for men.  Look at that little boy with the backpack.  Why should he be scared of carrying something he likes? B/c it's a "girl" thing and boys shouldn't like it, b/c if you do, you're not "male".

Humanity has massive baggage, yo.
    I think men/boys are more bound by them. At least in the sense that the stakes seem higher for violating them.

As far as gender normitives and polarization these days...well, another discussion for another time
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Oh, I do get it if it comes to procreation.  But there seems to be something more to it than that, something weird and insidious.
  • Options
    It's way more than procreation. The murder and violence rate against transwomen wouldn't be so high if it was about lack of a uterus.
  • Options

I don't get it at all. I can't understand what the big fucking deal is and why people get so weird about it. I'm a cisgendered, heteronormative white woman, but I realize that other genders (or lack thereof) and sexualities (or lack thereof) exist and I'm cool with that. My husband, who is also a cisgendered, heteronormative white person, also doesn't give a fuck. I don't... I don't understand this. Hell, my PARENTS didn't bat an eye when my best friend announced his transition, and they're just as happy as I am about him marrying another transman in May (yay for Washington State's laws on same-sex marriage)!

People.

• Options
    I think they think it threatens their masculinity. The way our culture defines masculinity and the expectations we place on men can really fuck people up.
  • Options
    0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I'll just share that I've had to google a few things today...that is all.  Yay for learning!

Also, I don't get what the BFD is, thought I feel like the other post is definitely denial denial denial and thinly veiled disgustingness.
  • Options
    Yes, I admit to not knowing the term cisgendered. I had to goggle too.
  • Options

the other post is definitely denial denial denial and thinly veiled disgustingness.

Not to beat a dead topic, but in what way?

• Options
    "Luckily we hadn't" and calling it a "deception".
  • Options

Ok. Got it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards