Wedding Invitations & Paper

Labels needed for back of envelope

I had a stamp made with our return address and happily started stamping some envelopes when I realized how badly it smears. The envelopes are pearlized and still smeared when left to dry overnight. I will either forgo the stamp I created of affix some sort of label to the back with the stamped info on it. The envelopes are cream colored and pearlized so a stark white address label looks funny. Also, the standard Avery 5160 1x2 5/8 is just a bit too small. I think maybe a label with decorative edges or in a color that matches an accent on the envelope will suffice but I'm running short on time and am relying on finding something on Amazon Prime or a office store.

Any advice?

Re: Labels needed for back of envelope

• Staples has cute circle labels that you could stamp on and then maybe even seal the envelope with them. They come in a couple of different sizes and colors.
  • vmj23vmj23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I used clear labels (which i printed on) for the return address. I am not sure how well the stamp would be on to them, but the clear isn't as noticable as using a white label

• jenni1221 said:
    I used clear labels (which i printed on) for the return address. I am not sure how well the stamp would be on to them, but the clear isn't as noticable as using a white label
    I think the clear labels might smear as well. I would love to find some pretty labels in a cream or scalloped style but am having a hard time finding things on Amazon or Staples. I'm sure there are tons of cute ones on Etsy and Papersource but I don't have the time to wait for the order.
  • The staples by me has labels with scalloped edges as well, but I just couldn't find them on their website. You might have better luck if you go into the store instead of looking online.
  • The staples by me has labels with scalloped edges as well, but I just couldn't find them on their website. You might have better luck if you go into the store instead of looking online.
    I'll check it out, thanks!
  • Are you using an archival ink stamp pad?  We used one for our RSVP envelopes (also pearlized).  We had some minor smudging, but nothing awful.  

We ran our outer envelopes through our laser printer for our return address.  It worked like a charm!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Are you using an archival ink stamp pad?  We used one for our RSVP envelopes (also pearlized).  We had some minor smudging, but nothing awful.  

We ran our outer envelopes through our laser printer for our return address.  It worked like a charm!
    The stamp is pre-inked. The smudging is awful so I decided to just use some plain labels and stamp them myself. I was just way overthinking it.

Now the next dilemma is addressing my invites in straights lines!

The type of ink used makes a big difference.  I'm also using metallic paper.  But since I used dark color paper, I wanted silver ink, so I bought a standard rubber stamp, not pre-inked. I had to try a couple different silver ink pads until I found one that dried somewhat quickly without smudging.  I still had to let them sit overnight though.

I also got a stamp for our wedding logo and wanted to put that on our guest book. It took nearly a week for that to fully dry (using same silver ink).

• Not sure what color you're going for, but these gold labels are pretty (IMO)  

I used these to seal our envelopes.  I used the same pine cone graphic that was on our invites and printed them right on the label...  They turned out adorable and no smearing!

I also used the extra ones and printed "Thank You" on them for our thank you notes.

photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards