Wedding Invitations & Paper

Collecting Addresses & Kids Question

wabanziwabanzi member
First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
We've been slowly collecting addresses we need over the past year or so by various methods.

For some local friends, I sent them a personal email (addressed to them and their SO) and a few have come back with their name, SO's name, and their children (and address of course). 

The children are not on the guest list.  Do I do anything at this point, or wait to handle it in a few weeks when the invitations are sent?  I don't believe any of these people will throw a fit about it and I would talk to them personally.  I just wish to stave off confusion.

Thanks in advance.
20130121-125529.jpg 
  Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Collecting Addresses & Kids Question

• I don't think it's necessary to address it now. When you send out your invites, just address them to the people who are invited, don't put the kids' names, and if they RSVP with their kids, just call or e-mail them and say, 'I'm so sorry, but the invitation was for you and your SO only; will you be able to attend?'

They may not be assuming their kids are invited; they may just be providing you with full and complete information in case you want it for future reference (like to send Christmas cards).
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • wabanziwabanzi member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2014
    HisGirlFriday13 said:
    I don't think it's necessary to address it now. When you send out your invites, just address them to the people who are invited, don't put the kids' names, and if they RSVP with their kids, just call or e-mail them and say, 'I'm so sorry, but the invitation was for you and your SO only; will you be able to attend?'

They may not be assuming their kids are invited; they may just be providing you with full and complete information in case you want it for future reference (like to send Christmas cards).

Box issues!!!

That's what I was thinking.  They are just trying to be helpful and including all information (even if not needed).

Thank you for your response.
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's always good to give people the benefit of the doubt! They might still disappoint you, but at least you didn't go in to the situation being defensive.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Just send the invitations to the family members you do want to invite and leave the names of those whom you don't off the envelope.  If they come back with RSVPs for their children, then you'll need to call them and explain that the invitation was for them only.  But don't do that unless and until they actually do come back with RSVPs for uninvited guests.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards