Wedding Invitations & Paper

Cheaper Option for Invitation Enclosure

I am not having a very formal wedding and I did send out save the dates! I am getting ready to send out invitations and know normally that you have an outer envelope that is addressed in the formal way (Mr. and Mrs.) and then include an inner envelope that specifies the exact guests who are invited. My budget is really tight as it's coming to the end of the engagement and I am wanting to save money by not including the inner envelope. Since this is the case, I'm wondering how to address the outer envelope in a way that can include who all is actually invited to the wedding (including guests).

Has anyone seen this done before? Is this okay to do?
Thanks for your input!

Re: Cheaper Option for Invitation Enclosure

• this is totally OK!  

for people with guests just put:

Ms. Jane Doe and Guest
    ...address...

for people with children:
    Mr. and Mrs. Jane Doe
    Jack and Jill
    ...address...
  • Save the money. Save the trees. Forget the inner envelopes!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• We didn't use inner envelopes, either.  Vistaprint doesn't offer them.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I haven't sent out our invitations yet, but we selected the all-in-one seal and sends. It's like the invitation IS the envelope. Basically, the invitation is printed on cardstock that is really pretty and glossy, and then it folds up onto itself and is closed with a seal. You put the address  and stamp right on the back to mail it. The bottom of the invitation has perforation and the rsvp card detatches. It sounds tacky, but it is very minimalist, neat, and pretty, imo. I love minimalism.

So... we don't technically even have an outer envelope... 
  • If you haven't printed already, you can also save some money by making the response cards into postcards, cuts down on the stamp price.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • vmj23vmj23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer

I skipped on the inner envelopes!  seem like such a waste to me!   I just included "and guest' on outside, if the person wasn't in a relationship, or the significant other's name, on the second line, if in a relationship.  I also put any family member names, if more than 2 adults, on second line. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards