Honeymoon Discussions
Options

NWR- London

Hi Ladies, just need some ideas/tips. I'm heading to London at the end of April for two weeks for a course for work. The course itself will be two days one week and two days the following week so I will have a good bit of free time. 
I lived in Newcastle five years ago and got down to London a few times but it would only be a short weekend, so I'm not very familiar and haven't done the touristy things. 
So, I'm looking for must do recommendations. I'm a big foodie and want to check out museums. I'll be staying in the Russell Square area if that helps. 
Thanks!

Re: NWR- London

• Options
    If you read the "traveling through Europe" post, I list a lot of the museums we went over the course of a few trips. We also do quite a bit of shopping along Regent and Bond and we do a formal high tea each time we go (informal cream tea on the others.)

• Options
    I took my young adult kids and my 82 year old mother to London on two separate trips.  Their universal favorite was The Tower of London.  Mother still talked about it when she died last October. 
    Second favorite was The British Museum.  Plan on spending a lot of time here.  My son loved The National Library.  We skipped the London Eye.  Not our style.  Westminster is a must.  We attended Sunday services at St. Paul's, which was memorable.

httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Check livingsocial, groupon, redletterdays, amazonlocal and travelzoo for deals on meals. There are a TON every week.
  • Options
    mzbdamzbda member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Thanks ladies. I feel like a tourist even though I'm not. My bf lived there for five years when he was younger so he's excited to do some sightseeing as well :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards