New Jersey

Abella Studios

Ryan from Abella did our engagement photos in Liberty State Park and we loved how they came out! We received so many compliments about them!  We also had Abella do our engagement party and I was not pleased with the pictures at all! Galina did our pictures for the engagement party. I felt she was inexperienced and sometimes needed to be promoted to take pictures. There are fire pits at Liberty House and all the kids were roasting marshmallows and she took pictures from inside; you can see the window from the pictures and they weren't clear! Many of the pictures came out very dark, some came out blurry. I was so concerned about the quality of our pictures for our wedding. I spoke to Ryan and they are attempting to fix my pictures by adding special effects. I looked at albums of Ryan's work from weddings and they all came out great! Did anyone have Ryan from Abella shoot their wedding and how did they come out?

Re: Abella Studios

• I am using Abella Studios for our wedding, but I haven't been assigned a photographer.  But this info will definitely help when they assign me a photographer.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think this is a cautionary tale fr others who are still in the process of selecting their service vendors.  When we selected our vendors, we ALWAYS made sure that we were working with the owner and that was the guy who was going to be showing up:  Photo, Video, DJ, etc.  When I hire a photographer, I want to know I'm talking with the guy who will actually be showing up to shoot our day and I am seeing his personal work before putting my signature down on any contract.  I'm sure Abella is a decent company and it will work out fine, but we were real purposeful about avoiding these kinds of companies for exactly this reason. 
  • @Gordo2014 Yes I definitely agree!  This was a mistake we make early on in our planning.
  • Yes, know exactly who is showing up (with any vendor) before you sign on the dotted line....
  • We were assigned Tom and his work is just as good as Ryan's so I'm excited!  I'm still happy we went with Abella, though I do understand the reasoning behind working with a non-studio for photography.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @50ShadesofMe Tom is great too! We were deciding between him and Ryan. Ryan already did our engagement photos and we loved them so we went with him!
  • THis is helpful. I had an appt with them but now i think it wont be worth my time. i didnt realize they were more of an agency set up
  • Sorry but "special effects" don't fix crappy photos.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards