Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Decoration Ideas for the Ceremony

Hey everyone!

I'm trying to get some ideas of how we should decorate the space for our ceremony.  We are getting married on the greens of the golf course (I didn't want to get married in front of their gazebo).  I'm trying to figure out what would look nice at the end of the aisle where we'll be standing during the ceremony, and what to put along the aisles.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?  I'm meeting with our florist this week so I want to have some type of idea before I go.

Thanks!

Re: Decoration Ideas for the Ceremony

• Perhaps two big things of flowers on either side of the end of the alter. Examples:
    Or maybe you could rent a pergola or something, examples:
    Another option is to just not do anything at the end of the aisle.  Examples:
  • Awesome, those are some great ideas to think about.  Thanks for the pictures!
  • We skipped ceremony decor, like the last two pictures doeydo posted. Saved time and money!
  • I would skip aisle decorations if you are outside and don't to the runner (uneven grass, heels/wedges and fabric aren't a good mix).

A wood pergola or arch is a good way to get a focal point if you have the budget.  Floral arrangements on either side of the ceremony site is also pretty but can get expensive fast since you have to have a pretty big arrangement for it to stand out against the natural backdrop.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • I have no idea if you're on a tight budget or not, but if you are they sell fake trees in giant pots (just like the first picture)- they have them at Home Goods for $100 per tree. If you're on a budget, that would have the same effect as a florist but for hundreds of dollars less.

• I generally don't like aisle runners anyway, so that will definitely be out.  I think we decided on getting half whiskey barrels from Home Depot (my fiance is a big whiskey fan, so I thought that would be a nice touch), and fill them with our flowers to have them down where we will be standing. 

I met with our florist this week and she said it is definitely doable.  I think we will also do some flower petals along the sides of the chairs down the aisle so there is some separation and definition to it.  She recommended getting silk flower petals since we will be outside, and regular ones will brown really easily, especially if they are stepped on.  Hey, it saves me some money so I am perfectly ok with it!

• classyduckclassyduck member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2014
    Not exactly what you are asking, but, just a tip to share about what I'm doing...

I asked the florist to make the ceremony arrangements to be "aesthetically correct" from 360 degrees (as opposed to them being placed against a wall) so that we can carry them in after the ceremony and place them as centerpieces on the reception tables. I asked her to make 4 of them -- there is an arbor in the garden where the ceremony will be with four support posts, so it would look nice to match them up. Also, we will probably have between 10-12 tables at the reception, so about 4 tall floral arrangements scattered around the reception hall will also look nice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards