Wedding Woes
Options

The founder of Westboro Baptist Church has died

Such a damn shame he lived long enough to pass his hate along to so many people who I'm sure will keep it going in his memory. 

One can only hope for the hate to die out with him.  

Hope it's hot in hell.  

Re: The founder of Westboro Baptist Church has died

• Options
    I don't think there are really even that many people, are there?
  • Options
    I think they're small, but mighty and have cash to burn. 
  • Options
    I think it's around 80 members now, still mostly his family, though there have been at least 3 kids that I know of who have left.

He was apparently ex-communicated almost a year ago.  I'm very curious about what happened.
  • Options

I hope he's forgotten. He doesn't deserve to remain in anyone's memory.

• Options

I'm humming the song from Wizard of Oz to myself... the one that goes "Ding Dong, the bastard's dead"

• Options
    I'm mostly hoping he died without a will, so that his family and heirs can squabble over his/the church's money, thus squandering the money and limiting the group's ability to fund its message of hatred and bigotry. 
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options

I saw a news story that said there won't be a funeral.

What, you guys don't want protesters when you're trying to mourn and lay your loved one to rest? Wow, that would really suck if someone did that. People might call people who do that total assholes.

T_T.

• Options
    I particularly love that the congregation has asked the media to respect them during this time of grief.  Of course I will respect you, even though you have shown respect for no one else. Freedom of speech is one thing, but disrespecting a grieving family is where I put my foot down. If I lived in the same town, I would picket his funeral.  My sign would say.  My God is a god of acceptance and love.  He even loves Westboro Baptists."
      This man will have to answer for his hatred in heaven.  I can't imagine the look on his face when Jesus says, "That isn't WIWD." I just hope the rest of the congregation will adopt a more accepting and loving behavior for the time they have left on this earth.
  • Options
    KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2014

I have been to funerals that have been protested by the Westboro Baptists. It made my blood boil.

I think the fact that he is not having a funeral just shows how cowardly they really are.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hope he rots in hell. 
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    I bet he really IS having a funeral, but they are not making it public for that exact reason. I'd stalk them to find it.

Ok, not really. But I'd want to.
  • Options
    I guess there's something going around asking the public tonot picket his funeral or their church ect to show them that we are better than they are. Still I want to lol. I just hopethe church understands the kind of leader he was and they decide to spread love and acceptance, not hate.
  • Options
    Evil Chipmunk thinks this guy's punishment involves him having to lead a LGBT pride parade for eternity. In pink, ass less chaps, blue fringe vest, purple cowboy hat, with a pride flag in each hand. It makes her smile to picture it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards