Wedding Woes

Morning!

How was the weekend?

Friday night I got pretty lit at a Bunco party.  Good thing it's in the neighborhood and I could walk home.

Saturday we went shopping for barstools and FINALLY found some.  Then we took the kids to lunch and that was about it. 

Sunday was a kiddie party and small stuff in the kitchen.

I'm annoyed at the people that are supposedly buying our fridge.  They were supposed to come Saturday morning, but texted Friday night to ask if Sunday was ok.  I said sure, just let me know. Sunday morning they said there were no truck, but they were going to check back after 3 pm soccer.  I said to keep me posted because we had a few things to do.  At 6 pm I sent "any luck?" I never heard another thing.  Now I'm just pissed that I might have to try to sell again.

Today FIL finishes the nitty gritty on the kitchen and my mom is coming to watch M2 and Max so I can take 6let to kindergarten evaluation.  Gah!

Re: Morning!

• Boo at the fridge buyers.

I can't believe it's time for kindergarten roundup.  Ours is in a couple weeks.  I already turned in our registration papers, but we'll go to roundup so she can see the school and meet the teachers and all that fun stuff they get to do.  She talks about kindergarten constantly and the most exciting part to her is that they get to eat lunch at school.  Last night she told me she doesn't need preschool anymore and that she's ready to just go to kindergarten.

Our weekend was nice.  I did some crafty things for a blank bathroom wall and I'm pretty pleased with most of it.  I spent an hour taking apart our 4pc sectional and vacuumed and scrubbed under it.  Then I vacuumed the actual sectional under the cushions (please tell me I'm not the only one who has to do this).  DH must have gotten inspired by me and cleaned the kitchen.

Last night we put our honeymoon disc in and looked at the pictures on the tv.  We got all nostalgic and talked about how much we'd like to go back.  Come on Powerball.
  • Weekend was...eh.  

H worked uber-late Friday night.  I took the kiddo to the movies with a friend.  DefConn and I watched Nemo (he loved it).  

H had to go into work on Saturday.  I had to wrangle both kids at a damage estimate for my car (which took for-ev-er) and then we went to the store.  DH left work around noon.  The kiddo went to a bday party and then DH and I and DefConn took a 2.5 hour nap.  It felt so good, but totally screwed the rest of my day.  We did a few things around the house, but mainly just hung out for the rest of the night. 

H had to work yesterday (he went in at 5am and didn't get home until almost 7...I hope this schedule is over soon because it's killing him...and me.).  The kids and I slept in and then got some stuff done around the house.  We went shoe shopping for the kiddo and then picked up Frozen and Catching Fire.  We watched Frozen yesterday afternoon.  I made a kick ass dinner and then we watched TV.  I'm a Good Wife watcher and last night's episode was insane. 
  • I finally uploaded all of the videos from our honeymoon. That was pretty much my weekend.

• Saturday was a lot of running around. Nursery for the garden, home depot for a drip system and other odds and ends. Then chilling at home and watching Frozen. Kiddo was watching it the same way she watched Sesame Street, some scenes she couldn't treat herself away from, others she was too busy playing to care.

Yesterday was Costco and Home Depot again x3. Twice for the dirt I needed to refill my raised beds, once for husband to pick up the last dowels he need to finish building a baby gate. The space between the dining room/kitchen and the family room is 123" across, no store bought gate will fit that, of course.

Today I am off work, the week is weird with training in L.A.tomorrow, so our schedule is all shifted to the end of the week. And nursing job has a meeting Thursday to discuss some schedule fuckery. We are a sub unit of L and D, but the managers think postpartum should take over our schedule. Even though those nurses have no idea how to schedule us, because they don't do L and D. This should be great!
  • Friday was a mess. I finally got out of work at 1 then got ready, ran to Sephora to make an exchange, then picked the kids up and headed to my parents house. We had dinner, I let DS stay up way too later, and all in all had a good time. Saturday was errands and chores. My hairstylist is pregnant and ended up out that day so they rescheduled me with someone new. She was ok, but she kept trying to sell me products and other services which was annoying. I miss my regular girl. Sunday we did brunch and then went to a train park/museum. Sister's boyfriend is big into trains. DS had a blast, DD was not feeling it. Came home, got pizza and then crashed.
  • Saturday was glorious nothing, all day.  

Sunday we did a bit of grocery shopping and I did a new workout.  We played a new boardgame (to us) Pandemic.  Really like it, but it's difficult.  Looking forward to mastering it.

And that was it.  And it was glorious! :)
  • PirateBarbiePirateBarbie member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Answer Name Dropper
    edited March 2014
    Friday was my day off - got a 90 minute massage and had a very late lunch at a local Mexican place. In the evening DK and I took Wolverine to Chuck E Cheese as a potty training reward (we're working on overnights - 5 nights dry = CEC/Monkey Joe's) She had a blast.

Saturday - I slept in (we switch off weekend mornings). After I got up, the 3 of us went to a "Brew Day" event at the local homebrew store. It was pretty boring for me, so I mostly chased Wolverine while DK talked to people. One of the store owners brought his 2 bulldogs, one of which is an almost- 5-month puppy. Wolverine was having a blast blowing bubbles with the puppy chasing them. I got a little sunburned, despite sitting in the shade for most of the event. DK and I watched our respecive hockey games after we got home (DVR) and then Frozen in the evening. 

Sunday - I got up with Wolverine and let her watch Frozen - she was enthralled. I watched the Pens play, and then made corned beef and cabbage for dinner. After dinner, DK and I went through our taxes, and will probably e-file tonight. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards