Snarky Brides

Well that was fast....UPDATE

Chipmunk415Chipmunk415 member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited March 2014 in Snarky Brides

Got my invite to go over to the Nest less than 2.5 weeks after getting married. I might start peeking at their stuff, but I'll never give up my fellow snarky brides!

Cue Rick Rolling..

UPDATE:

Did a little poking around over there on the nest today. My local board is dead (last posts were 2012). Got some recipes to try out. Met with DH for lunch, ran some of the ice cream pie recipes by him, asking if he'd like one for a graduation dessert. His mouth was full, but his eyes got HUGE at the chocolate banana ice cream pie and the frozen peanut butter pie, and nodded vigorously. I'm also looking at their main dish recipes- won't he be surprised when I figure out how to make enchiladas for dinner.

Also got my "congrats you're a member" message, and a 1st anniversary badge. Yup, a 1st anniversary badge. Perhaps because I made my wedding checklist, etc, at this time last year? Whatever, I'm looking around for where my Time turner went. @Grumbledore, did you take it again?

Re: Well that was fast....UPDATE

• *staples Chipmunk to her chair* You, you stay here!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Ahahahaha, I'm staying I'm staying! I have too much fun here, plus you guys have wine.

Just peeked at the nest...I'm laughing that they have the money management and recipes all on there, nothing here. I know, this is the "wedding planning" site, but it's almost giving a sense of "brides do not have to worry about money until they crash land into reality post wedding," and "unmarried women do not eat, must now learn to cook"

• Should we link the nest to that other discussion about overbearing baby-naggers?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @Shrek, I'm debating whether to let Evil Chipmunk out of her cage and give a full rundown of snarky moments from my wedding, but I want to keep the good, happy, beautiful memory, not dwell on the crappy behavior of others. She'll make an appearance soon enough I expect.
  • @Shrek, I'm debating whether to let Evil Chipmunk out of her cage and give a full rundown of snarky moments from my wedding, but I want to keep the good, happy, beautiful memory, not dwell on the crappy behavior of others. She'll make an appearance soon enough I expect.
    Evil Chipmunk is always welcome here.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Yes, we're all supposed to go over to The Nest and then The Bump, so we can leave the engaged, not-yet-engaged, and noobs here by themselves.

If every OMH left the boards it would be an etiquette nightmare. 

Noob: 'I found this thing called a honeyfund registry!'
    Other Noob: 'OMG, that's awesome, let's do that!'
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Let me know if you find good places to hang out on The Nest.  I keep poking around, but for the most part, it seems slow, bordering on near-dead.  I guess I haven't located the good places to hang out at yet over there.
  • Two months ago today we got married and I still haven't been bumped over there.  :( 
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Ahahahaha, I'm staying I'm staying! I have too much fun here, plus you guys have wine.

Just peeked at the nest...I'm laughing that they have the money management and recipes all on there, nothing here. I know, this is the "wedding planning" site, but it's almost giving a sense of "brides do not have to worry about money until they crash land into reality post wedding," and "unmarried women do not eat, must now learn to cook"

Confession. I may have lived off of hot pockets and ramen for pretty much my entire life. When FI started coming over in the evenings and wanted dinner, I had to learn how to cook. In the beginning it was a total joke. I boiled polish dogs for like an hour (they turn green btw), and trying to figure out how much spaghetti to boil made me have a minor meltdown. People that have parents who cook often have no idea how lucky they are.

I also am glad you're staying! Although Evil Chipmunk should come out more often!
    This made me laugh out loud!  It's so me, yet I didn't know hot dogs turn green. Hahah

• I have no desire to go to The Nest. Went there once and saw all the marriages with "trouble in paradise".  Nope nope nope nope. 

Although, my friends have found The Bump quite helpful. 

• They tried to push me over there pretty soon after we came back from the honeymoon.  Not interested.
  • I'm over 100 days til my wedding, and I've been getting pop up notifications for The Nest every time I log in here!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• I've poked around the nest, but it seemed very boring. I'll take all of you old married hags over TN or TB. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I post over there once in awhile, but it seems like there's almost no one over there.  I read the Relationships section sometimes, but those threads seem to always turn into two or three regs arguing back and forth because they have radically different views on what the OP should do.
  • Inkdancer said:
    @Shrek, I'm debating whether to let Evil Chipmunk out of her cage and give a full rundown of snarky moments from my wedding, but I want to keep the good, happy, beautiful memory, not dwell on the crappy behavior of others. She'll make an appearance soon enough I expect.
    Evil Chipmunk is always welcome here.
    Yup, and the Nest is for suckers anyway.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards