Nevada-Las Vegas

playlist

So I've been reading people talking about a play list. I hadn't even really planned on having one until now. Do you think I need one? We are having an in suite reception and it will only be about an hour long. Should I make one?
Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

Re: playlist

• Do you have spotify? If you sign up for Spotify premium (it's $10 a month, but you can probably just cancel after 1 month) you can play it on your phone or your computer. There are TONS of playlists already made on there you can search through. We are going to use a few party ones for our welcome reception. It may be nice to have some background music in the suite, but it's probably not a must-have. 
  • My FH has spotify. But I'm not sure if our phones will be loud enough to really hear at a good volume.
  • I was thinking to do one for our dinner time at Maggianos. Something relaxed for ambiance.
  • Lots of hotels now have USB ports that connect to the tv or speaker system... That would probably be the only way you could hear it with just your phones. There are also relatively inexpensive Bluetooth speakers you can get online like through amazon that would work. They are batter operated (some charge), have great sound and are generally pretty small. We got some for Christmas and use them all the time.

But, if you weren't worried about it before you may just unnecessarily be worrying about it now. If you have a speaker or something though I guess you could at least play it by ear (pun intended).

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Cell-Phones-Accessories-Bluetooth-Phone-Speakers/zgbs/wireless/7073956011
  • It certainly isn't necessary but we are planning a first dance and music has been very prominent in our relationship. For us it was important we include music in our reception and on the party bus. We picked all of the songs together and are very excited to share our eclectic mix with our friends and families. Had we nit had a mutual love of music we might do spotify or something for background noise.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We both love music too. In fact we go to quite a few music festivals during the year. But we won't have much room to dance, our suite isn't super large. We are having about 40 up in our suite so there's not a big space available to dance. But I do like the idea of having music. I think I'll email my coordinator to find out if there is anywhere we can plug in our phones to play the music. But I think they only have the docks for iphones.
  • I'm only making a playlist so that random spice girls or ACDC doesn't come up in the middle of the reception. I'm not going to plan it by the minute or anything, just make sure to have about 4 hours of elvis, Sinatra, some country music, some love songs, some vegas-related songs and whatever else I can find. Nothing too crazy! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We mainly listen to edm. .Most of our guests listen to everything but that so trying to think of a play list that would fit everyone's taste feels hard. Maybe we will just skip the music lol
  • haha I'd say listen to whatever makes you happy! But if some of your guests can't handle the edm, Spotify or Songza would be an awesome alternative to just have some sort of sound in the background! I love everyone's suggestion of buying a small portable speaker. I'm actually thinking of bringing my ipod and small speaker to the Valley of Fire to play a song while I "walk down the aisle" (aka through the crowd). Not sure yet though!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have a portable which is pretty good but I bought a portable bose speaker for the reception.  I know I can play through the TV at the Cosmo but I have been eyeing the bose for a while and this was a great excuse to buy it!  The sound quality blows the old one away.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • For an hour and no dance space I would suggest to just have some background music for the hour of your insuite, something low key that doesn't require much planning. Having said that, I have three Vegas playlists! (and two more for our home reception!)

- One for the double decker bus consisting of Rat Pack and Elvis tunes that will be played through my phone on shuffle
    - One for our semi-private room in The Wynn Buffet consisting of some nice laid back dinner-jazz that will play through my phone on shuffle through a portable speaker at a quiet volume
    - One for our insuite party that will play through the sound system in the suite that I have planned minute by minute to go from some intro love songs and our first dance right through to 'party the night away' music - did a test run at my 30th birthday and LOVE IT!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
       UK based bride, getting married in Vegas on 14th April 2014!
  • kazzykazzy member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    If you don't want to muss with iPhone hookups (I have an Android, and some of the in room speakers only fit older iPhones) you can pick one of the music channels almost all of the hotels have now, which play through the TV. My last trip Aria, Cosmopolitan and even El Cortez (classin' it up over here!) had them. 

// Little Vegas Wedding blog - click for modern Vegas wedding inspiration, ideas and venues! //
    // Springs Preserve + Border Grill bride, May 2010 //

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards