Wedding Invitations & Paper

My invitations arrived!

I'm so excited! My invitations arrived this week. I ordered them early but there was a sale going on and I got 25 of my 100 invitations for free so I just couldn't pass it up. Now I'm trying to choose save the date cards and I looked at some rehearsal dinner invitations just for fun. Should they go together? Does it matter much? My invitations are from William Arthur...I don't think I could afford to purchase save the dates from them as well plus I really want to include a picture of my FI and I as part of the STD card. How do these all look together?

Here's a picture of my invitation suite!

These are the save the dates I'm looking at purchasing from Paper Source.

And these are the invitations I found for the rehearsal dinner on Wedding Paper Divas. It's going to be a super casual bbq in my parent's backyard with lawn games, beer, and wine.

Re: My invitations arrived!

• Your STDs, RD invites, and invitations don't all need to match. We used similar colors for our STDs and invites, but that was purely coincidental. 

Look at Vistaprint for save the dates and rehearsal dinner invitee. They have some similar designs and are very reasonable. This is the design we went with for our rehearsal dinner invite:
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • You ordered invitations before you've even sent out STDs? I know you were excited for the sale, so I will vibe for you that nothing goes wrong. I almost ordered my invitations early. Glad I didn't, though, b/c we ended up having to change our venue. 

Don't worry about how they look together. Our STDs were stick figures, and our invitations were flowering branches. Nobody is comparing your stationary selections. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I know how exciting it is to get your invitations! Mine just came in. I also ordered mine early because of a coupon. As long as your venue/time/date are 100% set in stone you should be more than fine. I have my fingers crossed for the both of us. 

You don't have to have anything match. Our invitations are very nice and our RD ones will be the complete opposite. Our RD ones will probably be very simple and fun since we plan to have either pizza or a BBQ at my FILs house.

At this point your wedding is almost 6 months away and STD might be pointless at this time.  But thats completely up to you. If you want to send them, just send them soon. Vistaprint does a good job and they are quick and reasonably priced. 

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

@Jean0715 and everyone else Thank you!

They would be pointless if so many of our guests weren't travelling from out of town. Neither of our families are local...with the exception of my parents and sisters. We've been getting some information out through word of mouth as we're able (we've even had some of our extended family book their travel already!) but I still wanted to send STDs as something "official" I guess. The only reason we even waited this long was because we waited til about two weeks ago to take engagement photos. I just ordered my cards today and hopefully will be able to start sending them out en masse sometime next week!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards