Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

My stepmother says I need to slow down.

AllyIdoAllyIdo member
5 Love Its First Comment First Answer First Anniversary
edited March 2014 in Nevada-Las Vegas
Hi guys,

I told her to f-off! In my head at least.

I'm driving myself crazy. 18 days to go. She is right!

It's like I have an Excel spreadsheet with 100 tabs open in my head. I've been up ALL NIGHT.
Can't stop thinking/obsessing over all things wedding and honeymoon. Remembering things I can't forget to do or pack. It's 5:50 am and I've been up researching, Googling, reading. Make it stop!

What will fix this? A massage? I have no money, I spent it all on the wedding. A stiff drink? I'm abstaining in a last ditch weight loss effort.

Help :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: My stepmother says I need to slow down.

• Options
    I go for a walk on the beach when I need to unwind.  Of course, that requires living near a beach so may or may not work for you lol.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    In my case I'll be taking a walk outside to clean the snow off my car!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Exercise, usually a good workout takes my mind of things and it gets the endorphins running!
    We had our dream wedding at Mirage on May 3, 2014! 
  • Options
    Definitely a good workout helps me! And it's better for you then a drink! haha. Also, keep a notepad by your bed to write down things you need to think about later. Or make a note list on your phone. I've tried to tell me fiance "Remind me to do this..." but then we both forget so I keep an ongoing list in my phone haha. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Your anxious, its normal.  I would maybe do a little extra push on my workouts to help relieve some of the tension.  Don't work out to late in the evening though, that can up your endorfines and keep you up later.  Try to find something relaxing and help you clear you head.  I have a notepad next to my bed, I sit down and right my thoughts, need ot remeber things down.  Just to get it out of my head and I don't stress about remebering it later. So even already, I have things to pack list on that notepad.  Emails/text I need to send in the morning, shopping list items.  Then I don't stress about remebering and I can get it out of my head.  When I am done I drink a sleepy time tea and take a warm shower.  Cuddle up with a book and read a chapter.  Then I go to sleep.  I'm like a baby and my nighttime routine helps tell my body it time to get ready for sleep.  If I wake up stressed or worrying I right down that thought, like sunscreen! I need to pack sunscreen I write it down and then I am able to relax about it.  If your running on exhaustion after a couple days, maybe call it a night early and take some tylenol PM so you can get some healthy sleep. 

• Options
    I've developed a recent, rather unhealthy obsession with Lush bath products.  If you have one near you I highly suggest the twilight bath bomb mixed with a dreamtime bath melt.  If not use any kind of lavender bath product you can find and light some candles.  The first time I tried this I swear it was like liquid Xanax.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the awesome suggestions. I swear I am a completely normal human being. Just very type A. I usually have 20 spreadsheets open in the mental Excel file, but with the wedding it's tripled!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    OMG Ally this is me too! Ive gone wedding batshit insane since I hit 3 weeks. All of a sudden I want to make a million lists of EVERYTHING and pay everyone and have myself timelined to the nano second. Its horrible. Why cant we just relax, have confidence in our plans and just ease into the wedding?

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• Options
    I was confronted by the FI tonight because I have been unusually quiet the last 2 days. I didn't realize it was that bad but I can't exactly tell him I'm thinking wedding 24/7 or the fact that his thieving oldest being here the weekend before we get married, or just a mere 3 days before we fly is freaking me out. That's selfish of me, I know. I was planning on using his room as the staging area for packing. Wtf am I supposed to do with all the crap now?? That is going to leave me with 2 work days to sort and pack. On top of that he can't be left alone in the house and we have a ton of stuff to do that weekend. I'm trying to put my big girl panties on and just deal with it. Btw Ally I'm typing this while trying to unwind in a bath!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Whats important at your wedding? Favors, your get away car, to make sure the DJ doesn't play something from your 'do not play list'? NO, none of that! You are marrying the man of your dreams and you are doing it infront of your loved ones. That's all that matters.

Try to keep in mind what your wedding really means. Ya its fun to plan this big party, do the DIY projects, make sure all your guests needs are met, etc. but honestly, it doesnt matter in the end. If something goes wrong, F--- it. As long as the two of you say, "I do" and you both have fun.

• Options
    I REALLY needed that dose of reality @leelabear. At the end of the day I will be married to my FI! Even if there is no DDB and I look like a hot mess dressed in a potato sack. He will be MINE!

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards