Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Wedding Cake Just for the Bridal Party and Family or No?

Should the Wedding Cake only be offered to the bridal party and immediate family. We are on a budget and were trying to think of creative ways to include all guests, maybe through edible party favors or cupcakes? Ideas Anyone? Thanks

Re: Wedding Cake Just for the Bridal Party and Family or No?

• Options
    Whatever you provide has to be served to everyone.  That includes the wedding cake.  You cannot serve the bridal party and immediate family anything that is not offered to everyone.

You can serve cupcakes, provided everyone gets at least one.
  • Options
    AMOSS30 said:
    Should the Wedding Cake only be offered to the bridal party and immediate family. We are on a budget and were trying to think of creative ways to include all guests, maybe through edible party favors or cupcakes? Ideas Anyone? Thanks

If you get a cake, you serve it everyone.  You can get sheet cakes instead of a fancy tiered cake and properly host all of your guests. 

Your wedding party are certainly special people in your life, which is why you picked them as your wedding party, but they shouldn't be treated better than the rest of your guests. 

• Options
    AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2014
    As long as the cupcakes are from the same place and are the same quality as the cake, you can do cupcakes for your guests. I wouldn't serve just family and WP from the cake, though.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    A sheet cake from Costco is less than $30. Every guest at your wedding gets cake and offered the same meal as everyone else. No tiered reception meals.
  • Options
    If you are having cake then cake needs to be served to all of your guests no matter the form. So if you and your FI want to cut a small cake and eat that then you better have enough cupcakes or slices of cake for everyone. And whatever you serve your guests has to be the same quality as what you serve yourself.

• Options
    AMOSS30 said:
    Like everyone else has said you cannot have cake just for certain people.  Can you imagine doing that?  What if a friend came up and took a piece of cake?  Would you remove it from her hand?  Would you make an announcement letting people know they cannot have cake?  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Everybody gets the same!  No special food or drink for the head table. 
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    I don't know if this is how it is suppose to be done but at my cousin's wedding they had a small cake they did for the cake cutting thing and they had a big cupcake table for everyone else. It was a big hit because everyone could get whatever flavor they want.
  • Options
    jdluvr06 said:
    I don't know if this is how it is suppose to be done but at my cousin's wedding they had a small cake they did for the cake cutting thing and they had a big cupcake table for everyone else. It was a big hit because everyone could get whatever flavor they want.

jdluvr06 said:

• Options
    AMOSS30 said:
    Gosh I hope you're joking.  If you offer something, it must be offered to ALL of your guests.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jdluvr06 said:
    As long as all the cake is of the same quality (aka from same baker and the cutting cake isn't ultimate death by chocolate with 3 fillings and the cupcakes are plain vanilla with plain frosting) then it doesn't matter if it is in slice or cup form.

• Options
    I don't care if you cut into a cake and serve me sheet cake as long as they're of the same quality. I do care if I see sine people eating one dessert that I am not offered.
  • Options
    I agree with all PP's. Lets flip the scenario here. Would your feelings be hurt if the B&G offered cake to family and WP only? Or a higher quality cake, while yours tasted awful? I sure as hell would. I friggin LOVE cake!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    mysticl said:
    AMOSS30 said:
    Like everyone else has said you cannot have cake just for certain people.  Can you imagine doing that?  What if a friend came up and took a piece of cake?  Would you remove it from her hand?  Would you make an announcement letting people know they cannot have cake?  

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Emmy1493 said:
    mysticl said:
    AMOSS30 said:

How timely.  I am currently watching LOST on netflix to kill time at work :)

• Options
    Emmy1493 said:
    mysticl said:
    AMOSS30 said:

How timely.  I am currently watching LOST on netflix to kill time at work :)
    How awesome! haha. Perfect timing indeed. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I would be hella pissed if I attended a wedding and the B&G and wedding party only were served cake. 
  • Options
    I went to a wedding two years ago that was a faux cake.  It was a display piece from the bakery with the top tiny tier as a real cake.  The couple cut the tiny cake, and then the whole thing was taken in the back to "cut."  In actuality, inexpensive sheet cakes were cut and brought out on the plates and the "cake" display went back to the bakery.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards